41 Toddler Products You'll Want To Buy Immediately
Rainbow blocks, snack catchers, a faucet extender, and other cool and useful things you didn't know you needed.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of 24 wood building blocks with see-through rainbow acrylic panels that'll magically reflect colorful light beams and spark hours of imaginative play.
2. A leave-in conditioning spray for curly hair so your little one's curls are restored to their former glory once more! It's also free from any toxic stuff including parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
3. A pack of spill-proof Munchkin snack catchers with flexible flaps that'll allow easy access for little hands BUT prevent Cheerios from *flying everywhere*. Not having to clean your toddler's trail of snacks? These deserve a gold medal, if you ask me.
4. A pack of five clear stove knob covers that'll prevent your little whirlwind of destruction from unknowingly starting a a fire in the kitchen. (Why are they so obsessed with appliances at this age? *sigh*)
5. A personalized superhero cape perfect for the spunky little superhero in your life who never ceases to amaze you.
6. A cute frog potty training urinal with a spinning target for parents who've tried everything and nothing. has. worked!!! This will get your stubborn littles low-key excited to go.
7. And a waterproof potty training watch that exists for the sole purpose of reminding toddlers or preschoolers to use the toilet on the reg. Before you know it, they'll be excitedly yelling “potty time" when the alarm goes off. *What a time to be alive!*
8. A Melissa & Doug reusable puffy sticker activity book with princesses and mermaids galore that'll keep them enchanted for hours — whether decorating a castle or styling an under-the-sea outfit (the world is their creative oyster).
9. And a Melissa & Doug magnetic calendar that'll teach your nugget the days of the week, months and the weather in a hands-on, interactive way. They'll jump out of bed eagerly to update it every morning.
10. A realistic wooden pretend play magnetic cutting set for challenging your budding chef's dexterity as they chop up fruits and veggies to their heart's content. Reviewers rave about the durability of this set.
11. A canvas growth chart so you can keep track of your munchkin's height (who is growing up waayyy too fast 😢) without marking up the walls. Reviewers love that it can be rolled up and stored away as a cute keepsake.
12. A minimal silicone placemat that comes in a variety of chic designs perfect for toting to brunch with your little BFF. (They'll be excused for demanding avocado toast).
13. A pack of sippy cups made from recycled milk jugs with 10,000 5-star (!!!) reviews. Basically holy grail status because they'll withstand rough-and-tumble antics without leaking or breaking.
14. Or an EZPZ silicone mini training cup and straw combo designed by a pediatric feeding specialist to teach toddlers to safely drink from an open cup and straw. It'll fit perfectly in chubby little hands (thanks to the weighted bottom) and make the transition from the bottle to the cup, well, eazy peazy.
15. A nasal aspirator strong enough to suck the snot out but gentle enough for your toddler's tiny nose so there's a 99.9% chance (🤞🤞🤞) they won't fight you when you use it.
16. A pack of stick-on fever indicators that'll come in handy during cold and flu season. Simply stick the bug on their head and it'll change color to indicate temp letting you monitor your child's fever for up to 48 hours.
17. An inexpensive foldable indoor slide capable of holding up to 50 lbs that'll come to the rescue when it's freezing outside. The best part? Just pop it up for playtime and fold it down flat for storage.
18. A pack of sink extenders to save your back the strain of hoisting your little one over the sink. Not to mention they'll love the independence of washing their hands all by themselves.
19. And a Crayola step stool with grippy colored dots and anti-skid footpad to give your munchkin a confident boost when they're going through the "I can do it all by myself" phase. Plus, it folds up neatly once they're done using it.
20. A pack of toilet seat covers to have on hand if it feels like an impossible-seeming task to keep your child's hands off those gross public restroom seats.
21. A child-safe wooden knife for budding sous chefs eager to help in the kitchen. This tool will keep their little fingers protected and spark interest in the food they eat.
22. A 100 Words Book that'll interact with budding scholars and help build their vocabulary in English and Spanish.
23. And a coconut and shea butter kids' conditioning detangler with 9,500 5-star reviews (!!!) raving that it's the BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET. Just a few spritzes will combat hair woes — from making knots vanish after a swim to taming frizz when humidity is *through the roof*.
24. And a detangling brush for any child who hates — repeat, HATES — having their hair brushed. This tool will glide through knots to turn a daily ordeal into a painless experience minus the *ouchies or tears*. Just trust the 40,000+ people who gave it a 5-star review.
25. A scavenger hunt to send bored toddlers on a mission to discover *treasure* AKA toys, books, clothing, furniture and other objects around the house.
26. A snack spinner for enticing even the pickiest of eaters to add more foods to their *rotation* at home or on the go.
27. A nonslip Montessori silicone placemat designed to enable your toddler or preschooler to develop some serious life skills through setting the table independently. It's also chemical-free, eco-friendly, and dishwasher-safe.
28. A cult-favorite stain remover that'll even get out stubborn stains like grass, oil, or blood. You can count on on this concentrated spot treatment to make make messes disappear from your mini tornado's clothes.
29. A clever retractable scented bag dispenser with 24 bags to dispose of dirty diapers (and doggy poo!) where there's no trash can in sight. They're infused with a light lavender scent to mask smelly odors and to save you the awkwardness of stinking up other people’s homes.
30. A travel-sized antiseptic and pain relief spray that'll work fast to treat ouchies when you're out and about.
31. A suction cup bath mat, because the combo of wet kiddos, rough play, and slippery bathtub floors is nerve-racking to say the least 😱.
32. A pack of diaper booster pads if you're on the verge of losing it because your munchkin has been waking up every single night with pee-soaked pajamas. These clever inserts will absorb the *flood* to stop diaper leaks ONCE AND FOR ALL.
33. And a pack of inconspicuous corner guards to save you from a moment of sheer panic when your toddler comes dangerously close to a sharp coffee table (while teetering around like they're drunk). These will protect their fragile heads from big bumps.
34. An anti-nail-biting pen if you've had a hard time breaking that bad habit. It tastes sooo awful it'll basically make any child want to 🤮 at the very thought of biting their nails or sucking their thumb *ever again* (which is exactly the point).
35. And a Montessori busy board to provide an alternative to screen time on car rides and to keep ~busy little bees~ occupied figuring out the mechanics of zippers, buttons, laces and buckles. It also folds up conveniently with handles, making it easy to tote around.
36. A rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add a pop of color to any room and become the kiddo's fave ~hangout~ spot in the playroom or yard.
37. And a Lily & River foldable wood climbing triangle to keep your little ball of energy from climbing everything and to ensure they're all tuckered out after a chilly day spent indoors.
38. A bath toy organizer with 10,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that reviewers swear will actually stick to your wall, tidy your bathtub, and keep toys dry and within arm's reach. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "We got tired of stepping on our 2-year-old's toys or having to take them all out of the shower/bath to put in a tub where there was also a small amount of water at the bottom because of the toys draining, I've only had for few days but so far so good. My daughter likes it too, now she is just taking out the toys she wants instead of all of the toys. I also used the suction hooks, no falling so far. I also put it closer to the tub over lapping a bit so she can reach her toys herself. If you have toddlers who love bubbles and toys this is perfect!"—Jessica Kirby
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes and pre-stocked with toys or by itself).
39. A pack of ingenious no-spill paint cups so budding artists can create their next masterpiece without leaving messy splatters and spills on the table. The best part? The lids keep any leftover paint from drying out.
40. Sturdy and stretchy toy hammocks to corral their ever-growing collection of Squishmallows — while adding a dose of cuteness to a corner wall. No more stepping over a sea of stuffies on the floor.
41. Custom vinyl labels with adorable graphics you can apply to your toy storage bins so you know exactly where dolls, cars, puzzles, and Legos go at cleanup time. No more *dumping* everything in the closest bin.
Willows and Rain is a small biz based in Drouin, Australia run by Belinda, a WAHM of three children and lover of all things organized and beautiful.
You can pick the fonts (22 options), wording and images for your labels from the photos and specify your choices in the the personalization box.
Promising review: "Labels were exactly as I expected. Easy to apply. Makes the space seem more organized (🙃 as much as it can with a toddler in the house)" —pianoheath09
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.