37 Things Under $15 Parent Reviewers Have Said Are "Must-Haves"
A whale-shaped bath spout cover, a leave-in conditioner for curly hair, light switch extenders, and more parent-approved finds.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of ingenious light switch extenders with an easy to grab moon-shaped handle so kiddos can turn the lights on and off ~all by themselves.~ The best part? These glow in the dark.
2. A clever sight word Bingo game; if you've ever asked yourself, "How do I take the frustration out of learning sight words and make it FUN?" then this game is for you.
3. A coconut and shea butter conditioning detangler with 10,000 5-star reviews (!!!) raving that it's the BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET. Just a few spritzes will combat hair woes — from making knots vanish after a swim to taming frizz when humidity is *through the roof*.
4. And a leave-in conditioning spray for curly hair so your little one's curls are restored to their former glory once more! It's also free from any toxic stuff including parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
5. A wooden puzzle equivalent to playing Tetris but in tactile form that'll ~exercise kids' brains~ without any screentime.
6. The Pink Stuff, an all-purpose cleaning paste so you don't need to go into full panic mode when your child dabbles in impressionist scribbles all over your walls. Need proof that it really works? Look at how effectively it buffed away Sharpie marks, leaving this wall looking ahhmazingly pristine.
7. Cerave moisturizing cream parents call their "holy grail" because it works wonders to keep their kid's eczema flare-ups at bay and soothe dry, chapped winter skin. It's formulated to provide intense moisturizing protection for babies with a gentle, fragrance- and paraben-free formula.
8. A bug bite suction tool invented by a mom that's worth the Shark Tank hype. This ingenious device sucks out all kinds of bug bites, instantly relieving itching and swelling, so your kids aren't left scratching.
9. A Melissa & Doug activity book with a pair of safe scissors to channel their (*cough* destructive) energy into a creative activity that'll put their fine motor skills to the test.
10. A pack of sink extenders to save your back the strain of hoisting your little one over the sink. Not to mention they'll love the independence of washing their hands all by themselves.
11. A whale-shaped bath spout cover that'll prevent ouchies when little ones are having a ~whale~ of a good time in the bath. Plus, it comes with an adjustable strap to fit snugly on any faucet.
12. And a pack of inconspicuous corner guards for protecting your toddler's fragile head from big bumps when they walk precariously close to a sharp coffee table.
13. A pack of toilet seat covers to have on hand if your potty-trained toddler loves to get their hands ALL OVER gross public restroom seats.
14. A cult-favorite stain remover especially great for stubborn stains like grass, oil, or blood. You can count on on this concentrated spot treatment to make messes from your kids' disappear.
15. A mushroom pacifier and teether designed to mimic a boob that reviewers swear has inexplicable ~magical~ powers and will soothe your little one, who has refused every other paci out there. It has 14,000 five-star (!!!) reviews for a reason.
16. And a Whiskware pancake batter mixer with a BlenderBall wire whisk that'll let you whip up a batch of pancakes at lightning speed on hectic mornings — no separate mixing bowl, messy spoons, or batter-coated countertops. Simply add your ingredients, shake, and pour from the spout. Breakfast's ready 😋!
17. A waterproof trash can to contain the messes your little ones make that somehow always end up on the car floor.
18. A box of Avarelle hydrocolloid patches with a blend of tea tree oil and calendula oils that'll suck out all the gunk and shrink zits overnight. It'll become your secret weapon to help your teen (or you) combat breakouts.
19. A pack of spill-proof Munchkin snack catchers boasting flexible flaps that'll allow easy access for little hands BUT prevent Cheerios from *flying everywhere*. Not having to clean your toddler's trail of snacks? These deserve a gold medal, if you ask me.
20. A detangling brush that'll glide through knots to turn your kiddo's daily hair-brushing ordeal into a painless experience minus the *ouchies or tears* (for both of you). Just trust the 40,000+ people who gave it a five-star review.
21. A Fridababy three-step cradle cap system with 13,000 five-star (!!!) reviews for any parent looking for an all-in-one remedy. Just use the foam sponge to lather up baby's head, then loosen the flakes by massaging with the gentle bristle brush, and finally lift flakes ~oh so gently~ with the fine-tooth comb.
22. A canvas growth chart so you can keep track of your munchkin's height (who is growing up waayyy too fast 😢) without marking up the walls. Reviewers love that it can be rolled up and stored away as a cute keepsake.
23. And a USDA-certified organic baby healing balm made with chamomile, cocoa butter, coconut oil, calendula, and avocado oil that reviewers say will alleviate eczema, acne, cradle cap, rashes, and more. No joke, it's a multipurpose miracle worker!
24. A pack of laminated math posters you can hang up on the wall to make homework visually engaging (and a lot less painful). Perfect for elementary through middle school ages.
25. A pack of reward punch cards to provide positive reinforcement each time they clean the room or finish their homework *and* to motivate them to keep up the good work to earn a prize. A little bribery never hurt anyone...right?
26. An inexpensive portable white noise machine that'll drown out noises, lulling your baby to sleep in unfamiliar places with calming, spa-like sounds. It has thousands of five-star reviews for a reason (adults swear by it too!).
27. A soothing shampoo scalp massager to exfoliate your tiny human's scalp so they don't have to suffer all the itchy, flaky dryness that tends to rears its ugly *head* as the days get colder.
28. A nifty car seat buckle release tool so you don't have to sacrifice your nails to unbuckle your child's seatbelt. Am I the only one who gets irrationally annoyed when it takes approximately 1 million tries to get them free?
29. A pack of brightly colored Crayola hand sanitizers that'll *actually* get reluctant kids excited about disinfecting their hands. (Don't worry, parents: They dry clear just like any other sanitizer).
30. A pack of Munchkin Arm & Hammer Pacifier Wipes made with 100% food-grade ingredients so you can feel ~zero guilt~ about picking that pacifier off any floor, giving it a quick swipe, and handing it back to you babe (only for them to drop it again *sigh*).
31. A pack of soothing stick-on gel pads, a must-have for cold and flu season. They're sized to fit kids' foreheads and will provide cooling relief for up to eight hours. Reviewers say these alleviate discomfort and help bring down a fever.
32. Sturdy and stretchy toy hammocks to corral their ever-growing collection of Squishmallows — while adding a dose of cuteness to a corner wall. No more stepping over a sea of stuffies on the floor.
33. A travel-sized antiseptic and pain relief spray that'll work fast to treat ouchies when you're out and about.
34. A pack of Munchkin burp cloths, a cut above average burp cloths. These have built-in pockets for hot and cold packs to provide extra comfort to fussy babes when colic or fever hits.
35. A bath toy organizer with 8,500 five-star reviews (!!!) that reviewers swear will actually stick to your wall, tidy your bathtub, and keep toys dry and within arm's reach. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "For the price, this thing is unbeatable! The suction cups have held tight to the shower wall since I installed this stuff. It holds all my kid's toys and allows the water to run off of them to prevent mold. I think this is a must-have for bath-time organization!"—internalburn
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes and pre-stocked with toys or by itself).
36. And a suction cup bath mat because the combo of wet kiddos, rough play, and slippery bathtub floors is nerve-racking to say the least 😱.
37. A pack of brightly colored stacking cups that'll inexplicably become your babe's fave open-ended toy. Just trust the 60,000 five-star (!!!) reviews and the many, many reviewers who have said, "This is the best $4 I've spent on a toy."
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.