We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An oh-so-cute foldable butterfly chair that comes with its own cup holder so munchkins can have their own little spot to people watch from. Added bonus: It folds up easily and is light enough for little ones to carry.
Promising review: "This chair is perfect for the beach, park, (and more recently) watching fire works! It is extremely sturdy, even my grown self can sit in it without feeling like the legs are going to give out lmao. My daughter loves her chair. She’ll drag it around the house to sit in front of any TV. I do wish the cup holder was slightly larger as my baby’s sippy cups come in many shapes and sizes. The cup holder on the chair can hold equivalent to a water bottle or soda can." —Kim
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
2. And an inflatable lounge sofa to take summertime chillaxing to the next level. It's easy to inflate (no pump required, legit just whisk it through the air, I'm not kidding!), super lightweight and portable. Added bonus: Reviewers say it guarantees hours of endless fun for kids of all ages.
Promising review: "I can inflate this in less than a few minutes and if there is wind in less than a minute. It’s super comfy. We use it as a portable couch when camping, take it the the beach every week, and the pool. My kids like to pretend it’s a boat and have the best time jumping into it. It packs up so small it’s easier to bring than my beach chair and more comfortable too. It also comes with an anchor that’s super helpful in windy conditions. We live minutes from the beach and about an hour from some great mountain campgrounds so we put it to use way more then I expected to. It has held up well even with the kids jumping on it." —jessica harder
Get it from Amazon for $39.98+ (available in 16 colors and patterns).
3. A coconut and shea butter moisturizing detangler reviewers say is the BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET. Just a few spritzes will combat summer hair woes — from making knots vanish after a swim in the ocean to taming frizz when humidity is *through the roof.*
BTW, it's not just for kids, adults love it too.
Promising review: "All I can say is WOW!!!!! This is by far the best conditioning spray I have purchased. I have spent a lot of money on the expensive 'miracle detanglers' and 'miracle brushes,' coconut oils and hours combing out big knots in my daughters hair when this is all that’s needed! Her hair is a disaster full of knots after the beach. I sprayed this on before going to the beach and it made all the difference in the world. Goes to show that the expensive stuff is NOT always the best. PLEASE DON’T EVER STOP MAKING THIS!!!!!" —G
Promising review: "Best detangler ever for our 4c hair! I bought this originally for my daughter who is starting to comb her own 4c hair. I knew from experience what an arm-breaking task it was. But she managed with no problems so I tried on my hair. Comb just glides through and leaves your hair so soft. Best of all, no sulfates, parabens, or phthalates! Love this product. Highly recommend." —Kindle Customer
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $13.47.
4. A Melissa & Doug Ice Cream play set complete with two scoops, two cones, a sprinkles shaker, and a bucket with a lid — so little ones can pretend to play ice cream shop at the beach.
Promising review: "The Melissa & Doug sand sets are awesome! The ice cream set is especially fun and was a favorite on our recent beach trip. The plastic is sturdy and will likely hold up to many years of use. Both my 2-year-old and 9-year-old daughters enjoyed this set. I even occasionally caught my 13-year-old playing with it! These are pricier than dollar store sets, but worth it." —Jennifer Hammond
Get it from Amazon for $11.79.
5. Or aesthetically pleasing sand toys because what kid wouldn't want to take their sandcastles to the next level with dolphins, turtles, starfish, and shells? Plus, it's made with high-quality and durable food-safe silicone.
The set includes four sand mold toys (dolphin, turtle, starfish and shell), a shovel, and a water bucket.
Shop Stardust Society is a small biz based in New York that specializes in whimsical products for kids.
Promising review: "This item is so great! It’s well made, super cute and not having to worry about plastic beach toys cracking is so great!" —stephaniegilk
6. An ingenious tote with a built-in cooler so you can carry essentials, snack and drinks ~all in one place~ — without schlepping multiple bags to the beach. Just call yourself Mary Poppins.
Promising review: "This is probably my new favorite beach/camping accessory. Well worth the money and love the teal color. When I posted pics online, my friends all wanted to know where I got it. The insulated bottom fits much more than I expected it to. I think I got like six cans of beer, four juice boxes, four sandwiches and some grapes and ice too. I suggest filling the cooler up before the bag. I like the side pockets too. I was able to fit my book, glasses and phone with room to spare. On the inside, I packed dry food and four rolled up towels. The large straps made it easy to carry down to the beach. The bottom leaked a little ice water at the top, but it was at the zipper and because i had it packed so full. I plan to use this for school sporting events and picnics too."—Stacia
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in five colors).
7. An extra large mesh bag capable of holding a ton of beach toys but draining out all the sand because "I want to bring that sand home as a memento" — said no parent, ever.
Promising review: "Ok. I never leave reviews but I HAD TO on this!!! MOMS.....BUY! BUY! BUY! we have six kids ranging from 2 months to 13 and our annual beach trip was coming up this past June. I wanted a beach tote that sand wouldn't collect in. I saw this and thought I would try it. I figured it wouldn't be as big as I needed. Fast forward to the day it came in...OMG it is was HUGE in person. Guys, I fit four sand buckets, four sets of beach toys, four small boogie boards in this thing and still had a TON of room to fit more! My only regret was that I didn't buy more than one! This would also be great for laundry, or anything!!!!!"—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
8. Speaking of sand, a sand-free beach blanket that must have magical sand repelling powers because sand rolls right off it. Plus, it's large enough to fit up to two adults and two kids, with TONS of room to spare.
Promising review: "I walk to the beach and the park with my baby all the time and was sick of my butt getting wet when we sat on the grass and the baby getting all sandy when sitting on towels. I decided to search Amazon for some kind of beach blanket. This blanket wasn’t really what I was looking for, but it did not disappoint! First of all it’s HUGE. I still haven’t used it open all the way yet. It’s compact and easy to carry, I love that there are pockets to weigh it down with sand, that sand rolls right off and that I can just stuff it right back in the little bag without having to fold it strategically when I’m done. I can take the baby to the beach and lay her on her tummy without worrying about sand getting on her hands and face. Great product!!" —Adriana
Get it from Amazon for $28.90+ (available in two colors).
9. An SPF 50+ "sport-brella," boasting a 360-degree swivel and a universal clamp that can latch onto nearly anything — making it the perfect solution for creating *instant shade* for your wagon or beach chair!
Promising review: "This is a great, versatile umbrella. I use it when I go to the beach so I don't have to lug around the big family-sized umbrella. Easily mounts to a beach chair and also to my son's wagon. Adjusts easily, too, which accommodates you throughout the day as the sun moves. Very lightweight." —Rachel B.
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in two sizes and eight colors).
10. Or a bestselling stroller wagon hybrid with *built-in sun shades* and all-terrain wheels that'll give your back a break by hauling all your stuff and your too-exhausted-to-walk babies all at once at the beach or playground. Reviewers swear it'll put any double stroller to shame because it maneuvers like a dream *AND* it's much more roomy and comfy for the kids (who will be so thrilled to sit facing each other!).
Promising review: "Best investment. If you’re thinking about it, just do it. We use this every day and it’s ideal for beach trips. You can load this thing down! Our son was getting upset in his stroller and is so much happier in this. Ample foot room and the best snack tray. It has tons of drink holders too. 10/10" —jesse l.
Promising review: "Very easy to assemble. Took maybe 15 min. Purchased for my twins who are 4, each weighing 29 lbs. They fit great with plenty of room to grow. The all terrain wheels are amazing! As a twin mom, I have owned many double strollers and this is very comparable to the Bob stroller as far as ease of pushing, going over curbs and uneven walkways, beach, cobblestone, dirt, etc. I am very happy with this purchase and excited to take it on all of our travels!" —Kalani
Get it from Amazon for $319.99 (available in three colors).
11. A bug bite suction tool invented by a mom that's worth the Shark Tank hype. This ingenious device sucks out all kinds of bug bites, instantly relieving itching and swelling, so your kids aren't left scratching on beach day.
Promising review: "I got this after seeing another mom mention it on Facebook because my daughter has terrible bug reactions — major redness, swelling, and itch — to any bite. Last night she got some kind of bite and had a quarter size reaction on her lower torso. I grabbed the Bug Bite Thing and treated her sting. Within seconds the stinging and itching was gone and the redness, swelling, everything was completely gone the next morning!!! Oh my goodness. Why didn’t I have this sooner? I will be purchasing a few more to store in my purse, picnic/beach bag, car, and it will go on every vacation with us from now on!!" —Liz Tesh
Get it from Amazon for $9.85+ (also available in two-packs and three-packs).
12. A pack of ingenious collapsible pails perfect for your next fam vacay because there's *never enough space* in your luggage. You'll thank me later when you don't need to shell out $$ on an overpriced set at the hotel gift shop.
Promising review: "BEST BUCKETS EVER! I’ll be buying more! I love that they collapse! I bought them for the beach, and I loved that they didn’t take up room during travel. And now they don’t take up room in our outdoor toy bin!" —KB
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $12.79+ (available in three sizes).
13. A waterproof pouch that'll keep your phone (and cash, keys, credit cards, etc.) "bone dry." Plus, you can still use the touchscreen with it to take approx. a million photos of your fave little humans swimming and snorkeling 🐠🐟🐡.
The pouch fits any phone up to 3.9 inches x 6.7 inches.
Promising review: "This product is incredible. I purchased to use while in Key West for an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and Galaxy S6 Edge and it fits perfectly for each phone being a little more snug with the iPhone 6 Plus. It is completely waterproof and takes great photos and video through the case, but you have to press 'record' prior to submerging the case underwater. My family went snorkeling and kept the case with phone inside submerged almost the entire time and had no issues with leakage. My family and I got stopped numerous times being asked where we purchased this product. Perfect even if just on the beach and you do not want to get sand or sunscreen on your phone and want to still take photos/text/browse internet while on the beach. I will be purchasing this for everyone in my family as it has become a travel must-have!" —Jennifer Roman
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 14 colors).
14. A stroller fan with bendable foam legs to wrap around a stroller, car seat, or pretty much anything to keep your lil' munchkin cool as a cucumber, even when it's a gazillion degrees outside.
Promising review: "I used this fan when I went to the beach with my 7-week-old son! I attached it to his stroller and he stayed cool the whole time he was outside. Since returning we use it in the car, for stroller rides, I even use it when I’m hot in the house! The bendable legs make it easy to attach to any surface or allow it to stand on a flat surface. All around best purchase I have made this summer!" —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in three colors).
15. Or a rechargeable handheld fan because — just like the reviewer below says — it'll become the MVP of your day and save many beach trips from being ruined by sweltering heat. The only downside is the entire family will be fighting over it.
Promising review: "This personal fan is ‘fan-tastic’! I purchased one for myself and loved it so much that I have purchased half a dozen more for special people in my life. Everyone that I gave one to absolutely loves them. We have used them at Disney, on the beach, at the park, great packable size for backpack or diaper bag. Used on vacation on bedside table at hotel. We love love love this fan. Highly recommend you get one for each family member and friends! 10 out of 10!" —R. Landry
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in five colors).
16. A Burt's Bees sunburn soother if — despite using sunscreen religiously — your kiddos still tend to get burnt after a day in the sun. It's made with aloe vera and coconut oil to gently alleviate pain, redness, and swelling.
Promising review: "This lotion is very light weight and has a very nice citrusy smell. We take it with us every time time we go to the beach with our 6-year-old or even if we spend some time in the backyard on sunny day. Kids can be very picky with textures of lotions but I never had any issues applying this on my daughter, she always mentions how good the smell is. If you're looking to reduce redness of your skin, prevent peeling, or simply give your skin a good hydration boost after sun exposure, this is my go-to product and I RECOMMEND!" —JohnG
Get it from Amazon for $7.31.
17. Or a tube of aloe gel for the face boasting a blend of anti-inflammatory aloe vera and papaya extract to soothe sunburnt skin and make it appear less red and irritated.
Hanalei is a small biz based in Hawaii that specializes in beauty products and skincare blended with native Hawaiian botanicals.
Promising review: "Summer must-have. I purchased the Hanalei aloe gel and it might be the best thing I bought myself and family for the summer. Before going out in the sun I applied on my kids, husband, and myself. When we returned home from being in the sun all day looking all red and burnt I applied right away and after showers. We never did get burnt or peel. My kids think it's a miracle gel lol a plus to this gel you can use it as a makeup base. It's a lightweight formula and soaks into the skin without being sticky. Amazing!!! Highly recommend!" —Kim C.
Get it from Hanalei for $20.
18. A UV-blocking tent to ensure your kiddo's the ~coolest~ one on the beach thanks to it's built-in mini wading pool. Dig a hole in the sand, place the tent over it, fill with water and *boom* — equivalent to a personal cabana and plunge pool situation that'll make even adults jealous.
Promising review: "This is the best product ever! My babe is 6 months old and we have been delaying taking him to the beach because he gets overheated. But this tent pops right up and he can play in his own little pool or dump the water and he can nap in it. It has anchors to keep it from blowing away, an air vent to let the breeze flow through, and literally folds back in and easily zipped back into the carry case. Not to mention it's lightweight, which kept us from having to carry the expensive beach pack 'n' play we got." —Britty
Get it from Amazon for $28.76.
19. A two-pack of truly spill-proof Contigo Trekker Autoseal water bottles if you're fed up of dripping wet car seats because the kiddos don't properly close water bottles. This bottle (aka the answer to every parent's prayers!) boasts an ingenious one-touch lid that automatically seals between sips so you can say goodbye to spills — en route to the beach or sports practice!
Promising review: "Perfect cups for on-the-go kids! With three kids (Two 7-year-olds and one 2-year-old), we have tried A LOT of cups! We purchased five of these cups six months ago and they are AMAZING! We use them daily for our kids’ water bottles. They have been through ball games, pool days, beach trips, lunchboxes, road trips, etc. and have not failed us yet. We have yet to have one leak and have had no issues with cleaning them. We wash them daily and leave them in the rack to dry overnight and there is no evidence of mold." —Lindsey Page
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $17.25 (available in four color combos and also in three-packs).
20. A Shark Tank-featured versatile Milk Snob nursing cover that'll pull double duty as a nursing cover to give mama and baby a private space while feeding in public *and* as a stroller cover to keep baby shielded from harsh sunlight or wind!
Milk Snob is a small biz based in Texas started by a mom, who set out to create a multi-functional nursing cover that would stay put, unlike the good ol' blanket.
Promising review: "I really love this versatile milk snob cover. I use it in public to breastfeed my son and at the beach to stop the the wind from hitting his face. The fabric is so stretchy, soft and breathable my son don’t mind been under it for a long period of time. When my husband and I go shopping we love that it covers the hold car seat from light and stranger from hovering all over him. I use this cover everyday and everywhere I go I love that it give my son privacy." —T Will
Promising review: "This is probably one of my most versatile first time mom purchases. I’ve used to breastfeed at the beach, around the stroller/car seat to keep the harsh sun rays off my baby’s legs, and as a burp cloth (in desperate times)." —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $35.99 (available in 12 prints).
21. A set of lunchbox-sized reusable ice packs to make you think Elsa ~put a spell~ because these will keep the entire family's snacks and drinks (even breastmilk) basically ❄️Frozen❄️, even on a 90+ degree day.
Promising review: "Best cooler packs ever. I used them a couple of times in a 128-quart cooler and they performed better than average. They kept food and drinks cold and lasted more than 14 hours at the beach. The family spent the day at the fair recently with the temp in the upper 90s with water bottles taken out of the fridge and put into a 48-quart cooler with 4 lunch box packs to keep the water cool. After seven hours walking around in the direct sun not only was the water and cooler packs still cold but some of the bottles of water had formed a small amount of ice inside the bottle. The cooler was not a high-end cooler but just a regular store-bought cooler. This is a must have for anyone who is uses packs to keep anything cool. Last long and keeps stuff cold." —Chris McD
Get a pack of five from Amazon for $29.99 (also available in cooler and all-purpose sizes).