We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A simple yet high-quality canvas growth chart so new parents can keep track of their munchkin's height. It can be rolled up and stored away — making it a keepsake they'll treasure forever.
Promising review: "Nice little baby shower gift. The mother to be absolutely loved it. And to those wondering if it's accurate, it is. You just have to place it a few inches off the ground since the first foot is short. Good design since it will clear molding and you can attach the top and bottom flat against the wall." —D. L.
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in two colors).
2. A mushroom pacifier and teether with inexplicable powers that'll not only provide much-needed relief to a teething and miserable little one, but also make mommy and daddy eternally grateful for this ~magical~ little gift.
Note: Please supervise your baby when using this, and make sure it's never flipped inside out.
Promising review: "Perfect baby shower gift. I bought this for my daughter when she was 2 months old for teething and since then, I’ve bought it for every one of my friends with babies. My daughter was obsessed with it for months. She’s a year old now so it’s not her favorite toy anymore, but it still is one she loves to chew on." —Alex
Get it from Amazon for $6.99 (available in five colors).
3. An adorable Skip Hop 3-Stage whale-shaped tub boasting a mesh sling insert perfect for safely cradling their newborn during bath time. Plus, parents will love that it grows with baby (the sling can be removed when they transition to toddlerhood!)
4. Or a blooming bath lotus that'll make bathing baby in the sink a safe and stress-free experience. Not to mention every precious lil' nugget deserves to luxuriate in a cushy flower at bath time.
The Blooming Bath Lotus is designed with four movable petals to perfectly fit in any sink and is recommended for babies 0–6 months old.
Promising Review: "Got this for a girlfriend for her shower since I wanted to surprise her with something she hadn’t registered for. Since the babies been born she hasn’t used the big, plastic baby bath seat once but has only used the flower. It’s light, soft, washes easily, and her son looks adorable in it. Great present." —Laura
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in nine colors).
5. An EZPZ First Foods Set featuring a suction bowl, a tiny cup, and spoons in adorable packaging that provides all the essentials any parent needs to get started on their feeding journey.
EZPZ is is a woman-owned biz that creates developmentally-focused, minimalist tableware for little ones.
P.S. The cup and straw are made from 100% toxin-free silicone (no BPA, BPS, PVC, latex, or phthalates). The food-grade silicone is safe for your toddler’s developing teeth + gums and dishwasher safe.
Promising review: "This is now my go-to baby showers gift. The packaging, the quality, and most important the usefulness of this set makes it a “must have”. It arrived very quickly. Not to mention it is so stinking cute!!" —Tonya K.
6. And a set of handy starter spoons that'll basically teach babies how to eat. These have grooves that purees and mashed foods stick to easily, letting little ones dip and explore exciting new flavors all on their own.
The set includes a stage one spoon and stage two spoon. The first stage spoon doubles as a teether, and is designed to introduce babies to holding utensils and exploring purees, as they soothe their sore gums. The second stage spoon is capable of holding more food and can even be loaded with solids for the child to grab and eat.
Note: The spoons don't have a stopper, so please supervise your babies to make sure they don't stick the spoon too far back in their mouth. Recommended for ages 6 months+.
Promising review: "I hesitated to buy these just because I managed fine with my first baby without them. My second is now 8 months and likes to take the spoon from me and feed himself. These made it so much easier. He can put it in his mouth at whatever angle and he just gums the spoon. Even my husband, who thinks the only necessary baby item is a car seat said, "These are awesome! He loves it!" One spoon (orange) is for thicker foods and the blue spoon is for thinner foods. Baby also loves to gum on these as he is teething. A good buy and a perfect baby item addition to a baby shower gift." —Carrie Bradshaw
Get a set from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in three colors and packs of two, four, or six spoons).
7. A footprint and handprint kit to probably make the expecting parents in your life tear up a little. Is there anything sweeter than chubby little hands and feet?
Promising review: "This is such a cute and unique gift. I just gave it to my cousin for a baby shower and she absolutely adored it. It’s something that she can personalize and keep forever and it comes packaged so nice just wrap and go!!" —ramneet
Promising review: "Product was as described. Product was delivered as told on time and in good shape. The expectant parents were thrilled with their baby gift as no one else at the shower had anything remotely resembling this gift. Great gift for expectant parents!! —Roach
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
8. A lightweight plush rocker literally the cutest thing you will ever see and sure to become the pièce de résistance of any nursery. Bonus: it comes *fully assembled!*
9. A portable Fisher-Price dome with a canopy and a cushion inside that folds up easily for travel and will keep any munchkin comfy and shaded anywhere they go.
Promising review: "I purchased this as a baby shower gift. They weren't registered anywhere, and wanted to get something very different but functional. Mom, dad and baby looooove it. It's my new 'go to' gift when I don't know what to get." —Linda
Get it from Amazon for $59.97+ (available in seven styles).
10. A pack of brightly colored stacking cups guaranteed to become any baby's fave open-ended toy. Just trust the 60,000+ 5-star (!!!) reviews and the many, many reviewers who have said "this is the best $4 I've spent on a toy."
Bonus: These have holes in the bottom for water play and come with a cute star ring to keep them together.
Promising review: "I have not met a baby/child that isn't obsessed with these. It's weird how much kids love these things! And not just for a short time, but for like many years. I have gotten this for all my friends' baby showers and they all say this is one thing they use the most. Just get it." —Katy Bradley
Promising review: "These are legit the best thing you can buy for your baby. I know you’re going to read this and be like “they’re just cups...seriously?” Dead. A**. Serious. My baby LOVES THESE. She’s actually obsessed. We purchased them at 5 months and she’s 10 now and still plays with them daily. She teethes on them, bangs them together, knocks over the tower I build. And laughs the entire time. We now have three sets (upstairs, downstairs and bathtub toys) They're easy to clean and best part under $5. I pop these bad boys in my baby shower gifts because they’re so inexpensive and such a great useful toy." —Kait H.
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $4.99.
11. An inexpensive portable white noise machine because it can seem impossible to run errands with a newborn in tow. This handy device clips onto a stroller and lulls little ones to sleep on the go by drowning out noises with calming, spa-like sounds.
Promising review: "Very pleased with this product. It is one of my go-to baby shower gifts now. I love the portability of it. We have used it on car seat, stroller, in travel bassinet. The clip could be made a little differently to avoid the sound machine slipping off at times if bumped, but for the money you can't beat it! This product has helped my little one take naps while on-the-go. Wish I had bought it for my 1st son too!" —Ryan&April
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
12. A "Taco Tuesday" gift set perfect for soon to be aunts and uncles, who literally cannot wait to introduce their future niece or nephew to a weekly fam tradition.
Promising review: "Oh my goodness, these are just so cute. Purchased to go along with a baby burrito blanket for a baby shower gift. It was a hit. The mom and dad to be loved them. Definitely well worth it. They look well made, and honestly they were just adorable." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
13. A chic Boon drying rack to prevent the absurd amount of bottles and accessories they'll acquire for their tiny human from taking over an adult-looking kitchen.
14. And a whale-shaped bath spout cover so they can actually enjoy bathing lil' bubs without being nervous about their little one bonking their head on the faucet.
Plus, it comes with an adjustable strap to fit snugly on any faucet.
Promising review: "This is such a great product that I have given it to several friends for their baby shower whether they registered for it or not. The recipients have told me how useful this is during bath time with their infants. Definitely recommend." —ACM
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in two colors).
15. An ingenious FridaBaby syringe and pacifier combo dispenser for making it a whole lot easier to give meds to wee ones. This ~indispensable~ tool will make it a whole lot easier (minus the spitting and choking).
Promising review: "Best gift for new moms! Genius item for giving LO medicine, breastmilk, gripe water! This is my new baby shower gift! My husband and I discovered this when searching other fridababy items online and our LO was ~3 months. Wish we found it sooner because we were syringe and bottle feeding him from day one because he couldn't bf due to tongue and lip tie. It is so versatile! We used it for giving his reflux meds...always came out the side of his mouth with just a syringe, gripe water when fussy, and gripe water or breastmilk during take off and landing on flights when he was not hungry. We continue to use for ibuprofen when he is sick, gripe water when fussy, and bm or gripe for take off and landing on flights when he doesn't need to it but we need to keep him sucking to help his ears. This item is genius and so worth the low price. Giving it to every new mom I know! " —C Ross
Get it from Amazon for $11.04.
16. A silicone and wood teething ring boasting a cute bunny face sure to charm any little one while it goes to work relieving the discomfort of sore and tender gums.
The Baby Space is a small biz based in Heywood, England founded iby Natalia and Jan, parents of two adorable children to provide colorful toys, handmade decors for nurseries, teething aid and gifts for little ones.
Promising review: "Ordered two of the bunny teethers as I'm lucky enough to be having a nephew and a niece arriving soon! The items arrived very promptly and are exactly as pictured, very happy with my order! Thanks again!"—Brooklin Emily
17. A baby nail trimmer in a lovely case for being ~a cut above~ regular clippers. These come with sanding discs that gently file down nails — so they don't have to worry about nicking those precious little fingertips ❤️
Promising review: "I got this as a gift for my baby shower and this is by far the best gift ever. You can touch your baby's skin with the file and it wont hurt them. My son is 1-1/2-years-old and we still use it on him all the time. He doesn't fight me to file his nails either. Like everyone else I was afraid that I was going to hurt him when clipping his nails. This is the best gift ever. I buy it for every baby shower I attend! I am constantly recommending it." —Antonio Frias
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
18. A 3-in-1 night-light, sound machine and time-to-rise device because every new parent deserves the gift of sleep. They can control this device from their phone to sleep train their baby by creating custom light and sound programs in sync with bedtime, nap time and wake-up routines.
Promising review: "This is by far the best night light and sound machine on the market! The fact that it combines a sound machine and a nightlight is ideal, and that you can control it remotely from your phone is an even better selling point. I especially love that it will grow with my child as a Time to Rise "clock". This is now my go-to baby shower gift because every family needs one in their home. Don't question it, just buy it. You won't be disappointed." —Tta
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
19. A huggable Gund animated elephant stuffie that flaps its ears, sings, and plays peek-a-boo. It's basically destined to become any baby's BFF.
Promising review: "Both my boys have LOVED this toy. So much so that it is one of my go-to baby shower gifts. No one wants another stuffed animal, but this one, being gender neutral, soft, cuddly, short sing-songy, plays peekaboo, and makes your baby smile and hug it. So. Worth. It." —Rebecca
Promising review: "This is the cutest toy ever for a newborn baby. The elephant ears play peek-a-boo ,and it sings a song and entertains them for hours. I got it for a coworker who is having twins so I had to buy two. My coworker returned to work and told me it was the best baby shower gift she has ever received." —Paris Sanders
Get it from Amazon for $34.99.
20. A heavy-duty burp cloth made with eight layers of cotton gauze to absorb all kinds of messes 🤮. Added bonus: It comes in a variety of chic colors.
Charley Charles Shop is a small biz based in Grand Rapids, Michigan founded by a mom of two little ladies that specializes in modern, handmade baby goods.
Promising review: "Beautiful, quality made burp cloths! They’re super absorbent and dry quickly. Truly the best burp cloths I’ve ever used with my four babies."—Priscilla Roth
Promising review: "Made a great baby shower gift!" —Jennifer LaRoche
21. A set of safe-to-chew-on pastel silicone stacking blocks to encourage shape and number recognition in little ones. Plus, they come in the sweetest packaging.
Promising review: "Bought these for my 3-month-old and she loves them! The colors are great and they are easily washed. They fit into each other for stacking and they are soft on the gums. Definitely buying these for baby showers from now on! 💕😁" —Amazon Customer