37 Parenting Products That’ll Make You Think, “Why Don’t I Own That Already”
Stick-on fever indicators, a foldable slide, an on-the-go story player and other goodies you'll wish you had purchased sooner.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of stick-on fever indicators that'll come in handy during cold and flu season. Simply stick the bug on their head and it'll change color to indicate temp letting you monitor your child's fever for up to 48 hours.
2. And a sleek touchless forehead thermometer with a built-in sensor that measures in seconds. Added bonus: You can take your baby's temperature while they're sleeping.
3. A pack of motion-activated toilet night-lights to make those middle-of-the-night toilet runs less messy for the kiddos and save you from needing to leave the bathroom light on all night long.
4. A set of ingenious magnetic locks that don't require screwing into your cabinets. These install in seconds with tape to keep your curious tot from breaking into drawers. Bonus: They're hidden inside so they aren't eye sores.
5. A nonslip Montessori silicone place mat designed to help little ones develop some serious life skills through setting the table independently. It's also chemical-free, eco-friendly, and dishwasher-safe.
6. A LeapFrog On-The-Go Story Pal because even though storytime with your munchkins is your absolute fave part of the day, some nights you can barely keep your eyes open. This cool new gadget will step in to bring stories to life.
7. A leave-in conditioning spray for curly hair so your little one's curls are restored to their former glory once more! It's also free from any toxic stuff including parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
8. Or a coconut and shea butter conditioning detangler with 10,000 5-star reviews (!!!) raving that it's the BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET. Just a few spritzes will combat hair woes — from making knots vanish to taming frizz.
9. A pack of reward punch cards to provide positive reinforcement each time they clean their room or finish their homework *and* to motivate them to keep up the good work to earn a prize. A little bribery never hurt anyone...right?
10. A value pack of reusable 500+ puffy stickers that'll keep your toddler engaged for hours (which is nothing short of a miracle, TBH). Plus, they're easy for little ones to peel, stick...and restick all by themselves.
11. An inexpensive Pop2Play foldable indoor slide because it LITERALLY pops up in minutes to instantly turn any room into a playground when it's raining outside. Plus, it folds down flat for easy storage once playtime's over.
12. And a sensory swing designed with an extra spring, allowing bouncing up and down in addition to swinging — ideal for endless aerial acrobatic fun.
13. A pack of sink extenders to save your back the strain of hoisting your little one over the sink. Not to mention they'll love the independence of washing their hands all by themselves.
14. And a pack of light switch extenders with an easy-to-grab moon-shaped handle so kiddos can turn the lights on and off ~all by themselves.~ The best part? These glow in the dark.
15. The Pink Stuff, a magical all-purpose cleaning paste so you don't need to go into full panic mode when lipstick (or Sharpie) marks mysteriously appear on your walls. Good luck keeping the little Picassos out of your makeup bag though!
16. A sight word Bingo game — if you've ever asked yourself, "How do I take the frustration out of learning sight words and make it FUN?" then this game is for you.
17. And for the tiny tots, a 100 Words Book that'll interact with budding scholars and help build their vocabulary in English and Spanish.
18. A mushroom pacifier and teether designed to mimic a boob that reviewers swear has inexplicable ~magical~ powers and will soothe your little one, who has refused every other paci out there. It has 14,000 5-star (!!!) reviews for a reason.
19. A Melissa & Doug magnetic calendar for teaching your preschooler the days of the week, months, and the weather in a hands-on, interactive way. They'll jump out of bed eagerly to update it every morning.
20. The Ollie Swaddle to make bedtime less of a struggle. It wraps snugly to prevent your lil escape artist from breaking out and boasts an opening at the bottom to make diaper changes a breeze. The best part? Moisture wicking fabric to prevent overheating.
21. A Melissa & Doug activity book with a pair of safe scissors to channel their (*cough* destructive) energy into a creative activity that'll put their fine motor skills to the test.
22. A detangling brush for gliding through knots to turn your kiddo's daily hair-brushing ordeal into a painless experience minus the *ouchies and tears* (for both of you). Just trust the 40,000+ people who gave it a 5-star review.
23. A cult-favorite stain remover especially great for stubborn stains like grass, oil, or blood. You can count on on this concentrated spot treatment to make messes from your kids' clothes disappear.
24. A pack of laminated math posters you can hang up on the wall to make homework visually engaging (and a lot less painful). Perfect for elementary through middle school ages.
25. A machine washable coloring tablecloth that'll actually get bored babes to sit still during mealtimes.
26. And a touch-activated talking world map poster packed with 1,000 facts and quizzes to introduce the little geniuses to geography. Before you know it, they'll be spewing fun facts about this fascinating world we live in.
27. A pack of toilet seat covers to have on hand if your potty-trained toddler loves to get their hands ALL OVER gross public restroom seats.
28. A Whiskware pancake batter mixer with a BlenderBall wire whisk that'll let you whip up a batch of pancakes at lightning speed on hectic mornings — no separate mixing bowl, messy spoons, or batter-coated countertops. Simply add your ingredients, shake, and pour from the spout. Breakfast's ready 😋!
29. A pack of spill-proof Munchkin snack catchers boasting flexible flaps that'll allow easy access for little hands BUT prevent Cheerios from *flying everywhere*. Not having to clean your toddler's trail of snacks? These deserve a gold medal, if you ask me.
30. A bug bite suction tool invented by a mom that's worth the Shark Tank hype. This ingenious device sucks out all kinds of bug bites, instantly relieving itching and swelling, so your kids aren't left scratching.
31. An ingenious portable vibrating pad you can tuck in a crib mattress, bassinet, car seat, or stroller to create gentle vibrations to help your munchkin drift off just about anywhere. No more driving desperately around the block playing CoComelon's "Yes, Yes, Bedtime Song" on repeat to get them to sleep.
32. A Fridababy three-step cradle cap system with 13,000 5-star (!!!) reviews for any parent looking for an all-in-one remedy. Just use the foam sponge to lather up baby's head, then loosen the flakes by massaging with the gentle-bristle brush and finally lift flakes ~oh so gently~ with the fine-tooth comb.
33. A viral TikTok toothbrush holder and dispenser you'll regret not having bought sooner because it'll not only free up precious counter space but also keep your bathroom free of child-induced toothpaste messes.
34. A canvas growth chart so you can keep track of your munchkin's height (who is growing up waayyy too fast 😢). Reviewers love that it can be rolled up and stored away as a cute keepsake.
35. An anti-nail-biting pen because it tastes sooo awful it'll basically make your kiddos want to 🤮 at the very thought of biting their nails or sucking their thumb *ever again* (which is exactly the point).
36. A waterproof potty-training watch that exists for the sole purpose of reminding toddlers or preschoolers to use the toilet on the reg. Before you know it, they'll be excitedly yelling “potty time" when the alarm goes off. *What a time to be alive!*
37. A child-safe wooden knife for sous chefs who loves being mommy and daddy's helpers in the kitchen. This tool will keep their little fingers protected as they learn all about cooking.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.