32 Parenting Products That Work So Darn Well They Basically Deserve An Award
These items belong in the parenting hall of fame, and the reviewer who said "OMG it works" obviously agrees.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. CeraVe moisturizing cream parents call their "holy grail" because it works wonders to keep their kid's eczema flare-ups at bay and soothe dry, chapped winter skin. It's formulated to provide intense moisturizing protection for babies with a gentle fragrance- and paraben-free formula.
Promising review: "We tried so many creams marketed for eczema (most containing oatmeal) and they all made my baby's eczema worse. We were desperate to find a cream that would help and stumbled upon this cream. It did wonders clearing up his eczema and as long as we use it daily it keeps it from flaring up again, this is glycerin-based and doesn't contain oatmeal." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes).
2. And a USDA-certified organic baby healing balm made with chamomile, cocoa butter, coconut oil, calendula, and avocado oil that reviewers say will alleviate eczema, acne, cradle cap, rashes, and more. No joke, it's a multipurpose miracle worker!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this stuff. I use it for my ds rashes. I was so afraid to use anything but coconut oil but I needed something that would soothe the rash as well. My ds also ended up getting eczema and hives from a laundry detergent we had switched to. This completely soothed it away. It was gone by the next day. Needless to say, this is my go-to soothing-everything solution. It stays in the diaper bag and medicine cabinet. A must-have!" —Andrea
Get it from Amazon for $14.50.
3. A cult-favorite stain remover especially great for stubborn stains like grass, oil, or blood. You can count on on this concentrated spot treatment to make messes from your kids disappear.
Promising review: "This is the best stain remover I have ever used! I wish I would have found it years ago! My daughter is 6, and I can't think of how many stains this product hasn't gotten out for us, even old set-in stains that I thought were hopeless. A friend turned me on to this stuff, and now I will never go without it! A must-have for anyone with kids." —Lauren Ruffin
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.89.
4. And a Downy Wrinkle Releaser fabric spray because "I love ironing" — said no parent, ever. Instead, just spray on your kids' clothes, and watch the wrinkles disappear...like magic!
Promising review: “This stuff is amazing. I like to air dry all my clothes, even my kids clothing. Sometimes, they tend to get wrinkled after coming out of the wash. I am not about to spend hours ironing my 5 and 2-year-old's clothes. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Just spray some downy wrinkle release, and they are good to go.” —Joanna
Promising review: "Listen up parents of teenagers! This product is for YOU YOU YOU! My kids use this gem ALL. THE. TIME. I had to buy more because my teenage daughter keeps one in her room now. I was always wondering where the thing was — and it was always on her dresser. I love this stuff. I take the travel size with me on trips. Overnights. Everywhere. It is so great. I just bought more for the girl...she's leaving next weekend for college. Sniff sniff. But, this was on the list...higher than Ramen. So, that should tell you something." —Rebecca G.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $13.94.
5. A clever faucet splash catcher designed to fit around your faucets like a glove to absorb the ~torrential floods~ your kids like to leave behind after using the sink. (Not to be dramatic, but raise your hand if you're fed up of wiping up after your fam).
Hustle Sew Shop is a small biz based in Saint Helens, Oregon that specializes in quality handmade goods with personalized options.
Promising review: "This product is awesome! I have four kids who take care of the dishes after dinner each night and to say they are messy would be an understatement! This little water catcher has solved the puddle that used to surround my faucet at the end of each night. Thank you!!" —cadencewilliams2
6. A mushroom pacifier and teether that reviewers swear has inexplicable ~magical~ powers and will soothe your little one, who has refused every other paci out there. It has 17,000 five-star (!!!) reviews for a reason.
Note: Please supervise your baby when using this, and make sure it's never flipped inside out.
Promising review: "MUST-HAVE FOR TEETHING BABY. We have tried so many teethers, and none of them gave my little guy relief, and he had trouble holding, etc. He loves to chew on his hand, so this is perfect as it has grips in the middle under the mushroom. He chews on it for teething and uses it as a pacifier. LOVE THESE!! I already ordered two more. 🤣" —Mark
Get it from Amazon for $6.99 (available in five colors).
7. And a bestselling Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy with catchy, classical melodies (by Mozart, Vivaldi, and other masters) and twinkling lights that any parent will tell you is their secret weapon to immediately calm down a fussy baby.
Promising review: "The best baby distractor EVER! Every person with a child must have this toy! I had about five tucked in various places in case one got lost. My son loved them from basically birth and sometimes it would distract him for hours of non-crying! (heaven for a new mother) Of course in the beginning you have to keep pushing the button for them but compared to swinging him in his car seat that was easy! Then we he got older he would spend entire car ides just playing with this one toy. I give it to everyone I know who has a baby." —NH-Mommy
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
8. A pack of bright laminated flash cards so little Einsteins can soak up their alphabet and numbers. They're like knowledge sponges at this age, so why not start them early?
Promising review: "My 2-year-old mastered the her numbers, alphabet, colors, shapes, and identifies all animals and objects on the cards. When I first received the cards I thought they may be a little too advanced for her age (18mo old at the time), but I was dead wrong! After about a month and a half of using the flash cards she mastered them! We usually 'play' with the flash cards for only about 10 minutes before her bedtime. This is a great tool in the early developmental stages for any toddler. I’m excited to get her the next card set. Material = durable, same as a normal deck of cards. Size = a little bigger than your typical deck of cards. Fits nicely in pocket or purse, great for keeping toddlers busy while traveling. Overall = A+." —M. Abdallah
Get a pack of 58 cards from Amazon for $12.99 (also available for babies).
9. And a clever sight word Bingo game; if you've ever asked yourself, "How do I take the frustration out of learning sight words and make it FUN?" then this game is for you.
The set comes with 36 playing cards, 264 playing chips, caller's mat and cards, and a storage box. This version is a fun twist on the classic, but instead of calling out numbers, the leader calls out words (there are 46 most-used words), players search their cards for a match and place a red chip on the match. Once a player has covered the spaces on their card needed to win, they call BINGO!
Promising review: "Getting my daughter to do sight words has been a nightmare lately, she pretends she has no idea what anything is and refuses to sit down and try. But, with this game, she wants to play for hours!!! I give her two cards and we all play together as a family, she thinks it is the best game and it really is helping her learn her sight words!! Finally something that gets her excited about learning!! —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $8.89.
10. A Whiskware pancake batter mixer with a BlenderBall wire whisk that'll let you whip up a batch of pancakes at lightning speed on hectic mornings — no separate mixing bowl, messy spoons, or batter-coated countertops. Simply add your ingredients, shake, and pour from the spout. Breakfast's ready 😋!
You can even store leftover batter in the bottle and pop it in the fridge for a time-saving weekday breakfast!
Promising review: "This is the best breakfast invention after the waffle maker. LOVE IT! As someone who makes pancakes or waffles three to four times a week (my kids are pretty spoiled, but breakfast is key to getting through the first part of the school day), this is the easiest and fastest way to get that done. I just add everything to the bottle, shake, and pour into the waffle maker or griddle. When I am done, just add some water, shake again, empty, and then place everything in the dishwasher." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
11. A Fridababy three-step cradle cap system for any parent looking for an all-in-one remedy. Just use the foam sponge to lather up baby's head, then loosen the flakes by massaging with the gentle bristle brush, and finally lift flakes ~oh so gently~ with the fine-tooth comb.
Promising review: "My 6-week-old had bad cradle cap all of a sudden and this brush worked miracles. I wish I had it from birth. We have continued to use this brush even though the cradle cap has gone and it does wonders on the scalp and keeping the hair looking healthy. Highly highly recommend. Plus, my baby enjoys the gentle scalp massage from the soft bristles.." —LM01
Get it from Amazon for $14.88.
12. And comforting Frida Baby vapor drops consisting of organic eucalyptus and lavender essential oils to plop in your bath or humidifier to relieve stuffiness and congestion and ~open up airways~ for a restful snooze. *Instant relief for them and for you.*
Safe for babes 3+ months.
Promising review: "Immediate difference. My 5-month-old was suffering nights of awful congestion/coughing and restlessness. We tried all we could do before getting Breathe Frida and I wished we had it sooner. The first night she woke up only a couple of times in comparison to the ones before. The second night she had no middle of the night wakeups. Although these drops are not meant for cool mist humidifiers, we put them in there, just to see how it would work. We will have to get a diffuser or a warm mist humidifier in order to prevent our cool humidifier from getting damaged."—Angela
Promising review: "My little one was sick with RSV and he needed the humidifier on every night. With just the humidifier on, he didn't seem to be able to breathe any better but I got this vapor and during sleep and naps he started sounding so much better. I could tell it was working and it also made his room smell nice instead of like a sick baby! He got much better much faster than I thought with all the extra things we were doing, and this is one I wouldn't leave out of my 'getting baby better' routine!"—Lindsey
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
13. A pack of spill-proof Munchkin snack catchers featuring flexible flaps that'll allow easy access for little hands BUT prevent Cheerios from *flying everywhere*. Not having to clean your toddler's trail of snacks? These deserve a gold medal, if you ask me.
Promising review: "What a lifesaver! I mean really! My daughter loves her snacks, she also loves to make a mess, give them to the dog, or fill her car seat up with them. Then cry when she has nothing to eat. My wife picked one up and man... we used it so much, we couldn't clean it fast enough. SOOOO we bought a few more. and for less than $5 for two.... this is a no-brainer!" —jeffgrantMEDIA
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $5.99 (available in two color combos).
14. An Oogiebear nose and ear cleaner, one of those parenting products that'll make you say, "Is this my life now?" Seriously though, it's designed with a rubber scoop and loop at the ends to gently clean out little noses and ears without going too far.
Promising review: "Must have! This thing is amazing, it works very well for us. Good length and it's soft/firm. I was able to gently scoop my 4-month-old's ear wax and pick out her sticky, crusty boogers. She enjoys being clean so she sat/laid down very still for us. I would definitely buy this for a baby shower gift and definitely recommend to anyone." —P. T.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
15. A pack of durable and moisture-proof toddler shoe sticker helpers if your little one gets a little confused about which shoe goes on which foot. These genius stickers will help you get out the door faster every morning.
Erin Roberts Creative Co. is a small biz based in Pasadena, Maryland that specializes in stickers and stationary.
Promising review: "So far the stickers have stayed in my daughter’s shoes. We no longer have to leave the house with shoes on the wrong feet!" —sirena cheung
16. An anti-nail-biting pen which tastes sooo awful it'll basically make your kiddos want to 🤮 at the very thought of biting their nails or sucking their thumb *ever again* (which is exactly the point).
Plus, it has anti-inflammatory ingredients like organic aloe leaf juice and organic eucalyptus leaf to soothe sore fingers.
Promising review: "I love this stuff!! It’s taste horrible, which was great to help stop my 4-year-old from biting her nails. In about three days she completely stopped now and her nails have grown.." —Denise Batista
Promising review: "OMG it works!! My 3 1/2 year old was a constant thumb sucker. Four days and she hasn't put her thumb in her mouth!! It's the worst taste ever but it works. We tell her we are painting her nails. We put it on during the day and at night. Best product around." —Natalie Plaza
Get it from Amazon for $16.95.
17. An ingenious sandwich cutter and sealer so you can make your own Smuckers Uncrustables copycats at home without spending nearly $10 for a box. Prepare for your life to be *utterly butterly* changed.
Promising review: "These have been a GAME CHANGER in this house!! My son has always begged me for Uncrustables but my wallet didn’t agree with them. I LOVE being able to make them at home and customize them to exactly what they would like them filled with! I make two weeks' worth of sandwiches at a time and store them in sandwich bags in the freezer so in the morning during the school year we can just grab and go! Love them!" —Katherine Smaczniak
Get it from Amazon for $18.96.
18. A waterproof trash can to spare you the agony of having to clean the trash that somehow always accumulates on the car floor after driving messy little ones around all day. *sigh*
Promising review: "By far, this is the best trash can for a car I’ve had in my life! And yes, I have tried others! I have a small SUV, and this is large enough to collect the trash from receipts, napkins, and apple sauce pouches from my kid, and straps to the back of my console so it’s in easy reach! The snaps on the side keep a trash bag in place, but if there is a spill it’s very easy to clean! And the lid keeps everything inside if it happens to get kicked! I definitely recommend!" —Kristi
Get it from Amazon for $8.49+ (available in three sizes).
19. A viral TikTok toothbrush holder and dispenser because it'll literally squeeze toothpaste on your child's brush for you and save you from having to wipe down toothpaste-smeared counters.
This bad boy includes a toothpaste dispenser (that'll squeeze out every last ounce!), four cups and holders, and a place to store your toothbrushes.
Promising review: "To All MAMAS: A TRUE MUST-HAVE from a mama who KNOWS!!! Every household with kids should have this thing, actually EVERY HOUSEHOLD, REGARDLESS! No more finding toothpaste everywhere but down the sink drain, no more throwing half a tube away because of lost caps. Insert your favorite brand in the dispenser and voilà! Simply press your brush against lever and a perfectly portioned dollop every time. When it’s time to rinse, grab one of the four cups that are hidden in the top and bottom of this little masterpiece. Rinse your brush, open the storage compartment, hang brush, and shut lid! Bristles are covered and protected from the wide array of germs that like to inhabit bathrooms." —Jen
Get it from Amazon for $20.91+ (available in three colors).
20. A baby nail trimmer that are ~a cut above~ regular clippers. These come with sanding discs that gently file down nails — if you're like me, and burst into tears the first time you nicked those precious little fingertips 😭.
Promising review: "A must have for newborns/infants. A coworker got me this for my baby shower, she said she discovered it after she accidentally snipped her newborn's finger when clipping the nails. I don't know what I'd do with out it, I can't imagine using clippers. It is so safe and gentle, yet effective. You can touch it the skin and it's soft as can be, there is no worries of injury!!! My newborn is now an infant and he puts his hand out when it's time to use." —Rachael
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
21. A pack of sink extenders to save your back the strain of hoisting your little one over the sink. Not to mention they'll love the independence of washing their hands all by themselves.
Promising review: "Life changing! My 1-year-old loves to wash his hands but even with a step stool is too short to reach the sink. We came across these sink extenders and I'm so glad we did! My son can now reach the water and he seems to have gained confidence since he can step with and wash his own hands! I 100% recommend these to anyone and it may be one of my baby shower/Christmas buys for my friends having kids, it's that good! Something you need that you didn't know you needed until you need it lol" —Kaylee Morgan
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $10.99.
22. A bath toy organizer with 9,000+ 5-star reviews (!!!) that reviewers swear will actually stick to your wall, tidy your bathtub, and keep toys dry and within arm's reach. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "For the price, this thing is unbeatable! The suction cups have held tight to the shower wall since I installed this stuff. It holds all my kid's toys and allows the water to run off of them to prevent mold. I think this is a must-have for bath-time organization!"—internalburn
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes and pre-stocked with toys or by itself).
23. Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers created by a preschool teacher for kiddos taking their very first steps into reading. The stories start with simple three-letter words and gradually build in difficulty so readers can take that leap from sounding out words to be able to confidently say, “I read the whole book!”
The set comes with 12 books.
Promising review: "My 4-year-old daughter has known letters and sounds since just past her second birthday and could 'read' a few sight words, but she had a hard time mastering the process of sounding out a word. For the last two years, she would read the word 'stop' as 'sss- tuh- ah- puh,' but didn't understand how to really blend the phonemes. But somehow, as soon as we got them for her, Bob Books finally unlocked the part of her brain that could really solve the puzzle of phonics! I'm thrilled by the amount of progress we've seen in just TWO DAYS-- going from 'getting' phonics, but not really reading, to completely consolidating and understanding the two concepts. She's also very suddenly taken up a lot of initiative in independent writing and spelling. I couldn't recommend these books more highly. They are a miracle!!" —Juniper
Promising review: "Miracle for my son with ADHD. My 6-year-old son is in 1st grade and teaching him to read has been nothing short of a major challenge and a battle of wills...until we received these books. When I told him I got some books just for the two of us, he was really excited. Let me tell you, his excitement was nothing compared to mine when he sat down yesterday and read ALL 12 OF THEM out loud in one sitting with very minimal help from me. I was in tears watching and listening to him and couldn't believe my ears. The look on his face when he realized he was reading by himself was absolutely priceless. I will definitely be purchasing the next set soon since he is loving these so much. They are very basic which is exactly what he needed to start building his confidence (and vocabulary) and are simple, cute little stories. I don't normally write reviews on products, but from a mom nearly at her wit's end, thank you! These products have given my little boy (and this mom) confidence that yes, he too can succeed!" —txmom78
Get a set from Amazon for $10.19.
24. A sleek touchless forehead thermometer with a built-in sensor that measures in seconds. Added bonus: You can take your baby's temperature while they're sleeping.
Promising review: "This is a great thermometer — accurate, looks great, a must have! If you have kids, forget about sticking a thermometer in their ears. I have four kids now and a thermometer is a must have. Hold this thing close to the forehead, push the button in and you get a reading in about one second. This thing looks good, feels good, and is accurate. We’ve used multiple thermometers in the past. The head scanner that you run across the forehead...no good. In-ear thermometers...accurate, but expect a battle. Rectal thermometers...very accurate, but expect a war. This is the easiest one out of all of them. We find it especially useful when we need the quick 'I don’t feel that great' check...i.e., man cold. Overall, highly recommend!."—BearDownChi1
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.