21 Kids’ Storage Products That’ll Keep Your Home From Looking Like A Toy Store
You, stepping on a lego, wondering why you didn't buy these sooner.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of underbed storage bags that'll come in handy when you walk into your kid's room and gasp in horror at the *toy explosion*. Hide all the extra toys in these bad boys and simply slide underneath their bed. ~Out of sight, out of mind~.
Promising review: "I got these to store kids' video games under the bed. Sturdy enough to hold up after going in and out daily to get games or put them away. Cheap solution and reduces the clutter (and reminds them to clean under beds!)"—Terry
Promising review: "I stored over 50 barbies and accessories in just one and American girls dolls in the other! Nice handle on the side for easy access to play time and clean look when stored away! Would purchase again!"—Dlexa
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $14.97 (Available in three colors).
2. Invisible floating shelves so you can *clearly* show off your kid's collection of Funko Pops or Knuffle Bunny books — and pretend they're ~magically levitating~ over the walls.
Promising review: "I was surprised by the quality. The are perfect, I tried to set up one up and put some Funkos on and it’s perfect!! Because they are clear it looks like the Funkos are floating in the air. I’m ordering more later. They are worth the price. Thanks!!"—Luisa
Promising review: "Absolutely worth the money. The set was a steal. We’re obsessed with my daughter's library corner (at least mom is). Also super easy to install, took me less than 45 mins to install (with all the measurements and all). No words but love love love. Definitely recommend!"—Princess Misay
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $18.99.
3. A bath toy organizer with 10,000 five-star reviews (!!!) that reviewers swear will actually stick to your wall, tidy your bathtub, and keep toys dry and within arm's reach. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "Not only is there plenty of room for 6 rubber animals, complete foam alphabet and 10-digit numbers, and other random toys, this organizer actually sticks to the wall! I used windex on the wall just like the instructions explained, turned the hook, and voila! They stuck to a wall that's not exactly a flat surface. Also, I love this toy bag because it leaves corner tub space available for shampoo, conditioner, and soap bottles. In my house, that extra space is priceless! Don't look any further than this product. It is AWESOME."—Sara
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes and pre-stocked with toys or by itself).
4. A nature-inspired tree trunk stool that looks so realistic no one will believe ~it's actually a storage bin in disguise~. Plus, it can hold kids or adults up to 220 lbs. Are you as *stumped* as I am by this clever invention?
Promising review: "These stools are the best purchases we could have made. They hold a lot of toys/stuffies and can hold 220 lbs! My son is 7 and my daughter is 4 and they absolutely love these stools. We got the wood, which both looks crazy real! I love the look, storage and multi-use. The covers are very soft and machine washable! Love!"—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $27 (available in 15 styles).
5. A Serena & Lily dupe lidded storage basket made from dried seagrass and recycled plastics that will be the pièce de résistance of your boho nursery or playroom.
The Jolie Market is a small biz based in Costa Mesa, California that was created with the goal to bring 100% eco-friendly handmade pieces from around the world.
Promising review: "I love this basket so much! Exactly what I was looking for to finish off my son’s room!"—Chelsea
Promising review: "I LOVE this basket. Probably gonna order another one to use for baby toys."—Karly Gaul
6. A pack of eco-friendly mesh bags that you'll buy *over and over* again once you realize how useful they are to store toys that come with a ~gazillion little pieces and parts~ that inevitably get lost. BRB, adding to cart.
Promising review: "I loooove these bags. I’ve ordered them twice. I put everything in them. They’re perfect for our dress up accessories and all our wood toys/puzzles. They are bigger than what I was expecting and I’m so happy I got them. It’s made keeping things organized really helpful. Plus my girls can easily got to what they want to play with. And they can easily put their toys in them and seal them back up."—Val
Promising review: "My life is not the same since I can put all those little toys in the dishwasher or the washer. They can dry even in the bag and stay inside for storage. Absolutely genius!"—Annonymous
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $20.95 (available in three quantities and five size combos).
7. A luxe padded ottoman that'll spark joy again by allowing you to tuck toys away on the DL — and prevent your home from becoming a bright, primary-color-fueled eyesore.
Promising review: "So I had something like this in mind for the end of son's bed for storing extra toys. Similar products cost double the price so I was worried this would be cheap and flimsy. BUT, it so isn't! What a wonderful product. I'm super happy with it. The quality by far exceeded my expectations! Super easy to put together, I mean, all you have to do is unfold and put the bottom insert in. EASY PEASY! It adds such a nice feel to his room. I love that it doubles as a bench. My 4 and 6-year-old like to sit on it and watch TV. The fact that it opens up on both sides is really nice too. My son can easily find toys in there. But my favorite part about this is the fact that it looks so nice. For the price you can't beat it!"—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $47+ (available in 11 colors and two sizes and fabrics).
8. A beanbag cover with a neutral pattern that'll complement any decor and save you from D-R-O-W-N-I-N-G in a sea of stuffed animals. Now you can stash the plushies away to create chic seating. The best part? Your kids won't have a clue!
Promising review: "My kids (6 and 8) have beds overrun with stuffed animals. I’ve tried to downsize but they weren’t having it. No room for hammocks or shelves just for plushies. This solution is genius!! It arrived today and it fit almost all of their plushies (I bought them each their own). The handle is great for them to drag it around to sit on. So happy with this purchase."—Barlow Girl
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in 17 styles and two sizes).
9. A sleek and modern storage organizer with bins so you can reclaim your toy-strewn living room and make it feel like adults actually live there — while also enticing your kids to reach for their toys.
Promising review: "Absolutely LOVE this toy organizer. We had a bench with three big bins under it before, which I liked because the toys were concealed and it kept the room looking tidy IF the toys were put away; however, most of the day EVERY bucket was dumped out to find what our toddler wanted. This organizer changed everything. It was easy to put together, and it is SO nice having separate visible bins all in one area, where he can find exactly what he's looking for and just grab that stuff to play with, and then put it away when he's done. I was a little apprehensive at first because I didn't want everything visible, but that is exactly what makes this so perfect for a toddler. It is nice for him to know where his toys are and where they go... our room stays SO MUCH CLEANER now that we have this organizer. Best thing we've ever bought for the house! I would HIGHLY recommend getting one to keep things tidy."—T
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in six color combos).
10. A set of budget-friendly fabric storage cubes to create instant drawer space in your shelving unit. Reviewers say they're more affordable than the ones at Walmart, Target, and Ikea.
Promising review: "I have a gray bookshelf with 3 shelves. Nine cubbies fit perfectly! I have them filled with tons of toy action figures, trains, cars, Legos, transformers, etc. That’s a lot of weight inside them. The kids pull the handles many times daily and the handles are still intact. The gray matches my mystic oak colored bookshelves perfectly! And I’ve gotten many compliments. It’s simple, yet elegant looking in my living room. I have plans to buy more once I buy myself another bookshelf to store more toys for the kiddos."—christina cruz
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $18.19 (available in six colors).
11. A large rope basket that gives off major ~farmhouse-chic vibes~ and is capable of holding the absurd amount of Legos your kids have managed to acquire (that somehow always end up on the floor).
Promising review: "Perfect! I was looking for a HUGE but trendy bin to store all my kid's Legos. We have 2 large clear bins worth, plus Santa is bringing more Legos in a few weeks. This bin held it all! I love the look of it too. Mama approved."—KelseyinAZ
Get it from Amazon for $23.74 (available in seven colors).
12. Or these ingenious removable storage bins specifically designed to fit Ikea Trofast bins so you can finally tackle the ~impossible-seeming task~ of sorting your giant Lego collection.
Organized in Five is a small biz based in St Louis, Missouri that specializes in unique storage solutions.
Promising review: "These bins are just what we were looking for to organize Legos! They fit perfectly in our Trofast bins. Arrived fast and great quality!"—Courtney Davis
Promising review: "We LOVE them! We wish we had bought these years ago! The former Lego explosion is now sorted and pleasing to the eye. Delivery was fast and everything well packed and protected. Totally positive experience!"—D Rock
13. A modern storage bin so you can quickly stash toys away under your coffee table when you have guests over — without ruining your aesthetic.
Promising review: "I got these to go under our coffee table to hold toys for our one-year-old. They have worked perfectly. They seem to hold shape well when full, but are also soft enough that when he pulls them out and dumps them and plays with the basket instead I don’t have to be concerned. We have had them awhile now and they have held up pretty well to the abuse. Would recommend for sure!—Megan
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in eight colors and five sizes).
14. Or a collapsible burlap bin full of ~rustic charm~ perfect for human or pet parents looking for a catchall toy basket that won't break the bank.
Promising review: "With all the toys that my kids have, especially the little ones that always find their way under my feet, this is a joy to have in the house. The construction is very sturdy and the burlap fabric hearkens back to a day when it meant to have something that was durable. I thought it was not large enough but I was soon proved wrong when everything went inside with no issue. This is a great value for the money and I know that it will be around for a long time."—Christopher Stephens
Get it from Amazon for $21.79+ (available in two sizes).
15. Custom vinyl labels with adorable graphics you can apply to your toy storage bins so you know exactly where dolls, cars, puzzles, and Legos go at cleanup time. No more *dumping* everything in the closest bin.
Willows and Rain is a small biz based in Drouin, Australia run by Belinda, a WAHM of three children and lover of all things organized and beautiful.
You can pick the fonts (22 options), wording and images for your labels from the photos and specify your choices in the the personalization box.
Promising review: "Labels were exactly as I expected. Easy to apply. Makes the space seem more organized (🙃 as much as it can with a toddler in the house)"—pianoheath09
16. Sturdy and stretchy toy hammocks to corral their ever-growing collection of Squishmallows — while adding a dose of cuteness to a corner wall. A win-win.
17. An over-the-door shoe organizer so versatile you can use it to store everything from Barbies to action figures. Pro tip: Hang *inside* their closet to keep toys hidden from sight and marvel at their neat (and Pinterest-worthy!) room.
Promising review: "Saw this Barbie storage hack on pinterest and immediately bought this shoe organizer. It works great for our purpose and doesn't take up as much room as the big box we used to keep them in. Great way to organize and display my daughters doll collection."—Erin Gormley
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
18. A collapsible canvas basket that's *cute as can be* and equal parts storage tote and laundry basket — you choose!
Promising review: "I've finally found storage containers that are the best of both worlds. They fit my home decor and a 10-year-old boy's room. This was perfect. I ordered a tall round and a short square. They were both a little bigger than I thought they'd be which was a great bonus for me. More toys that can go away."—R.H.
Get it from Amazon for $10.55 (available in 45 prints).
19. An incredibly perky *and* practical rainbow hanging pod designed with snappable straps that easily attach around a closet rod, doorknob, hook, crib, or bookshelf...to be of service anywhere you need a little extra organization.
Feeding Pickle is a small biz based in Delphos, Ohio founded by a mom whose mission is to keep creative pieces easily available and accessible in everyday life.
Promising review: "Purchased to hang on the outside of our crib to hold a couple of toys that we like to have handy. It's the perfect size and absolutely adorable! Thinking we will need another to hold her pacifiers..."—Jessica Stoppleworth
20. A compact toy organizer with stackable baskets and (optional) wheels perfect to take advantage of vertical space in small homes. You'll want to steal one to store *real* fruits and veggies in your kitchen, TBH.
Promising review: "I love this organizer on wheels. Fits perfect next to my china hutch in the dining room. We have a small house so not a lot of space in my daughters room to play so she plays in the living room. I am going to get more. Thank you for making this product."—Elizabeth
Get it from Amazon for $45.90+ (available in three colors).
21. A gray crochet fox basket so crushworthy you'll be distracted from the fact that it holds your baby's ~wildly~ messy heap of toys. Hello, woodland themed nursery.
Clara Loo is a small biz based in Ashburn, Virginia that specializes in creating furry friends for little ones to love for years to come.
Promising review: "This basket is just perfect on my cube shelf and surprisingly holds SO MUCH STUFF. I just love everything from this shop. High quality, quick shipping, excellent everything."—Sammy P