1. Atlanta, Georgia: Antico
Handmade by skilled Italian Pizzaiolis, with all natural products from Napoli and Campania, the recipe has been perfected over many generations and shows. The atmosphere is fun and lively with an open kitchen and communal tables. Antico allows you to BYOB and their dough is “the perfect combination of crispy and chewy.” littleitalia.com
3. Birmingham, Alabama: Slice Pizza & Brewhouse
Owned by three brothers, Slice Pizza & Brewhouse is located in Birmingham’s historic Lakeview area. Every pie is made fresh with Alabama grown ingredients and served best with the tastiest brews from around town. They love pizza so much they even have a festival for it. slicebirmingham.com
4. Charleston, South Carolina: D’Allesandro’s Pizza
Started by two brothers from Philly, Nick and Ben D’Allesandro only had one mission in mind, “To make great pizza and serve cold beer.” They set up shop in Charleston and the rest is history. dalspizza.com
5. Charlotte, North Carolina: Pure Pizza
It’s Charlotte’s only Farm-2-Fork pizzeria and they serve up fresh ingredients with a delicious crust to make for one amazing pizza! They are all about sustainability and going green! Who doesn’t love that? purepizzaclt.com
6. Columbia, South Carolina: Dano’s Pizza
Dano’s has been around for over 12 years and stays true to New York from the style of pizza they serve to the Yankee’s games they show on multiple TVs. The people of Columbia can’t get enough of it and even drive 20 miles just to have a slice. danosdelivers.com
7. Gainesville, Florida: Satchel’s Pizza
Since he was 16 years old, Satchel dreamed of owning a pizza place of his own with the philosophy “If you make good food and serve it in a comfortable setting, people will come.” In 2003 his dream became a reality. He has been serving up pizzas that he considers a work of art ever since. satchelspizza.com
8. Knoxville, Tennessee: Hard Knox Pizzeria
Yes, it’s located in a strip mall, but Do NOT let that deter you from trying Hard Knox. The crust is the star of their pizza because, quite frankly, it is perfect and cooked in a wood-burning oven. The array of ingredients allows for anyone to create their perfect pie. hardknoxpizza.com
9. Little Rock, Arkansas: The Pizzeria at Terry’s Finer Foods
Tucked away from the main road and attached to one of Little Rock’s oldest neighborhood grocery stores is where you will find The Pizzeria. The atmosphere is a blend of contemporary rustic themes and the pizza is nothing less than high quality. pizzeria-santalucia.com
10. Louisville, Kentucky: Pizza Donisi
Located in Old Louisville, Pizza Donisi keeps fans coming back for its New York style pizza. They make their own sausage and crust, the slices are big enough to fold in half, but somehow the pizza is still light. They are also open until 2:00 AM, so you have no excuse not to try it! pizzadonisi.com
11. Memphis, Tennessee: Memphis Pizza Cafe
MPC has been named the “Best Pizza” in Memphis 20 years in a row and for good reason. The thin crust pizza is the best in town, maybe anywhere. Their dough is made fresh daily without the use of sugars or dairy products. MPC does not offer delivery options because they keep their “focus on quality instead of speed.” memphispizzacafe.com
12. Nashville, Tennessee: Five Points Pizza
Their pizza has won awards year after year and can’t you see why?! They recently opened a slice window, so you can choose different slices to order than one whole pizza, which is awesome. The atmosphere is casual and inviting and the beer selection is fantastic! fivepointspizza.com
14. Sardis, Mississippi: TriBecca Allie Cafe
Located about 30 miles outside of Oxford, this hidden gem was named The Best Pizza Place in Mississippi by Zagat. You can’t just walk past TriBecca; you have to stop in. The warmth from the brick oven is comforting, the smell of the mouth-watering pizzas is alluring and as they say “Try B once and you’re hooked.” tribeccaallie.com
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞