Christmas is just around the corner. Different Christmas songs are being played on different public places like trains, buildings, parks and more. But do you ever wonder what Christmas songs mentions food on their lyrics? Well here is the list of songs you might want to add in your playlist.
1. Marshmallow World by Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin
“It’s a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It’s the time for play, it’s a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round.”
2. Christmas in Hollis (Queens) by Run DMC
“It’s Christmas time in Hollis Queens
Mom’s cooking chicken and collard greens
Rice and stuffing, macaroni and cheese
And Santa put gifts under Christmas trees”
3. Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire by Nat King Cole
“Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos”
4. The Wassail Song (Traditional)
“Here we come a-wassailing
Among the leaves so green,
Here we come a-wand’ring
So fair to be seen.
Love and joy come to you,
And to you your wassail, too,
And God bless you, and send you
A Happy New Year,
And God send you a Happy New Year.”
5. 12 Days of Christmas by John Denver & The Muppets
“On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me A partridge in a pear tree.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.
On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.
On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.
On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves, And a partridge in a pear tree.”
6. We Wish You A Merry Christmas by Enya
“We all want some figgy pudding,
We all want some figgy pudding,
We all want some figgy pudding,
so bring some right here.”
7. Let it Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow by Rod Stewart
“It doesn’t show signs of stopping,
And I brought some corn for popping;
The lights are turned way down low,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”
8. Over the River Aand Through the Woods To Grandmother’s House We Go
“Over the river and through the woods,
Now Grandma’s cap I spy.
Hurrah for fun; the pudding’s done;
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie.”
9. Christmas Is The Time To Say ‘I Love You’ by Billy Squier
“Just outside the window snow is falling
But here beside the fire we share the glow
Of moonlight and brandy, sweet talk and candy”
10. Chinese Food On Christmas by Brandon Harris Walker
“I eat Chinese food on Christmas
Go to the movie theater, too
‘Cause there just ain’t much else to do on Christmas
When you’re a Jew”
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. In most events, top performers have already reached the limits of human biology, scientists say.
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.