1. Bodegas (corner delis) sell beer and liquor stores don’t.
There’s beer in there…
2. The fact they still actively use cheques.
3. The one cent penny. Why?!
4. All the rubbish on the side of the road? That’s where it’s meant to be because there are no garbage bins.
5. Breakfast comes with a side of potatoes, or “home fries.”
6. There are FREE pools.
8. Beer and shot combos cost around $7 or $8 and are the best thing ever.
It’s more weird that Australians haven’t adopted this back home yet.
9. And yes, one shot is the equivalent of around two Australian shots.
That’s ONE shot.
10. Blinkers? Optional. Car Horns? Mandatory.
13. Unless you know the cafe, don’t attempt to order coffee that isn’t an Americano (long black) or iced, you’ll only be disappointed.
The stereotype that Australians are coffee snobs is true, just go with it.
14. Finding a fresh passionfruit is like finding a unicorn.
15. Although you will get used to tipping, you always forget about the sales tax tacked on at the end. Never take GST for granted.
18. Getting a cheeky drunk on at brunch is 100% acceptable.
Another thing we should probably adopt ASAP. But not the term “brunch,” never bring that back.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.