3. She soon upgraded to historical and fantasy-inspired gowns.
“I realized I was a lot more interested in making things I found visually pleasing than making costumes of characters I liked,” Angela tells BuzzFeed Life. “Once I tried making costumes outside of cosplay I was completely won over.”
4. She runs a blog that features helpful progress pictures and construction notes.
The majority of her sewing skills are self-taught.
“I love the freedom of working on original designs, and the complexity and detail work that comes with historical projects.” Angela said.
12. At the moment, she’s obsessed with medieval fashion.
“I really love English fashion from the 1620s and 1630s, and ball gowns from the 1860s. And I always find myself going back to Renaissance styles since there is so much variety,” Angela says.
Angela tells BuzzFeed Life, “My motivation for making costumes is because I really like elaborate dresses! I also love the process (and sometimes, the challenge) of making them.”
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂