2. The statue was erected as part of South Africa’s Day of Reconciliation celebrations.
3. The statue is made of bronze and depicts Mandela with his hands reaching outward. It is meant to show that he had embraced the whole nation.
5. The national flag has been raised from its half-mast position, and is was flying as normal.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.