1. Without speaking to the bank or a mortgage broker, you assume you already know what you can afford.
2. You spend hours looking at your dream houses online.
3. Then you meet with your bank or a mortgage broker who say you can afford significantly less than you originally thought.
4. Defying the odds and the ridiculously small amount of money your bank says you can afford, you’re determined to find a house in the VERY SPECIFIC AREA you like.
5. But then you realise that those houses are small (oh so small) and few and far between.
6. You think you could manage living in a tiny, small house and never having any friends over.
But then realise. You would do anything for love. But you won’t do that!
7. Begrudgingly, your search area widens. Suddenly a 45 minute walk to the station seems totally reasonable.
8. Property search websites and apps take over your entire existence.
9. You become oh-so-wise to the estate agent lingo.
10. You soon know the area you’re willing to buy in like the back of your hand.
11. You find some places that will do.
12. You arrange viewings throughout your entire work week. And when you actually go and see them, they’re HORRIBLE.
13. But then, you fall in love with a place you see online.
14. An hour before you're meant to go view it, you get a phone call.
15. Before you know it, you have become a ruthless, rabid Kirstie Allsopp without any scruples.
You book viewings with any place you wouldn't want to kill yourself living in. You consider putting in offers just to fuck with other potential buyers. YOU JUST WANT A HOUSE.