1. Iran stopped work on its most sensitive uranium enrichment production on Monday as part of its deal with key world powers to ease concern over its nuclear program.
State TV has reported that “production of 20 percent enriched uranium has been halted by cutting the links feeding cascades in this facility.” The U.N. nuclear agency has confirmed that the centrifuges were disconnected.
2. It’s been reported that international inspectors were present when they began to implement their obligations under the new deal.
3. The deal is includes the lifting of some sanctions, and Iran is expected to receive the first $550 million installment of $4.2 billion of its assets that were blocked overseas starting on February 1.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝