1. Before your first appointment, you are nervous as fuck.
Especially if this is your first time going to therapy, you don't know what to expect. Will you vomit the first time you open your mouth? Sob for 45 minutes straight? WHO KNOWS. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THERAPY.
2. You're afraid you'll have to lie down on a couch and talk to some bald guy.
3. But in reality you'll just be sitting on a couch talking to a bald guy.
"Mmm hmm, but how does that make you feel?"
4. In the beginning, you do a lot of awkward staring and sitting in silence before you actually manage to say anything.
5. But then you notice that after you finish a sentence, they just awkwardly stare at you and don't say anything.
6. And you're just like...
7. And yet they just keep staring.
8. Soon, ugly crying about your childhood in front of a relative stranger quickly becomes part of your weekly routine.
9. Sometimes they ask you to explain shit that you have no words to describe or explain.
I JUST DON'T KNOW, OK?