1. Banksy’s truck full of squeaking stuffed animals being taken to the slaughterhouse has made its UK debut at Glastonbury 2014.
In a statement Banksy has said the truck will “roll across all corners of the site at mealtimes.”
2. The “Sirens of the Lambs” meat-truck art installation originally visited New York’s meatpacking district back in October 2013.
The installation was eventually impounded by police.
7. And now “Sirens of the Lambs” and its driver are paying a visit to Glastonbury.
The new version of “Sirens of the Lambs” uses an authentic local Somerset farm truck with “25% more added terror”.
10. Others just seem a bit amused by it.
12. And, of course, want to take the stuffed animals’ photo.
14. And it’s even a hit with the kids, as obviously the artist’s intention and inspiration for the piece is lost on them.
18. Banksy’s statement says when Glastonbury’s organiser, Michael Eavis, was asked for a comment on the installation he said: “Is it some kind of animal rights thing? I’m not sure about it.”
Eavis also added that: “Our cows are actually very happy, they have the highest milk yield in the County.”