1. Updated — 12:18 p.m. ET
2. A gunman entered a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Ga., around 5:45 a.m., and shot six people.
Cobb County police spokesman Sergeant Dana Pierce said six people were injured. Police later found the gunman dead of an apparent suicide.
Three of the victims are in critical condition, the Associated Press reports. at Wellstar Kennestone Hospital. Two of them — a 28-year-old man and a 52-year-old woman — were still in surgery with life-threatening wounds about five hours after the shootings were reported to police.
Police told the AP that the gunman had explosive devices with him, but they weren’t used.
3. The facility is located about 25 miles outside of Atlanta.
5. A FedEx clerk, Liza Aiken, told The Associated Press the gunman “had bullets strapped across his chest like Rambo.”
“He had bullets strapped across his chest like Rambo, a huge assault rifle, and he had a knife,” she said.
7. More than 50 emergency vehicles arrived at the scene.
11. FedEx employees are being turned away from the building as they arrive at work as the facility is now in lockdown. Those at work at the time of the shooting are reportedly being held at a warehouse on the property.
14. A FedEx driver at the facility at McCollum Field told NCB affiliate channel 11 Alive:
“(My boss) called me about 6 o’clock this morning saying there was a guy inside, shot the security guard. He had a gun pointed at him and said, ‘Don’t worry about getting here on time.’”
15. FedEx has released the following statement:
“FedEx is aware of the situation. Our primary concern is the safety and well being of our team members, first responders and others affected. FedEx is cooperating with authorities.”
This is a developing story. Check back for updates and follow BuzzFeedNews on Twitter.