1. Government officials have told the Associated Press that 15 people have died in a stampede at a soccer stadium in Congo on Sunday.
The stampede occurred during a playoff match between two popular teams, V. Club and TP Mazembe. Governor Andre Kimbuta said at least 21 other people were injured during the scuffle following the stampede.
3. It’s been reported the police fired tear gas after angry fans apparently threw objects onto the field towards the end of the match.
Fights have broken out at previous matches between the two teams, and back in April, 20 people were at a stadium in Southwest Congo when a stampede occurred after the generators failed and caused a blackout.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America are getting creative and making some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.