1. Updated – 3:30 a.m. ET
3. Arsen Avakov, Ukraine’s new interior minister, said on Facebook, “I can only describe this as a military invasion and occupation.”
6. Reportedly the estimated 50 men at the airport were wearing the same uniforms to those who stormed local government buildings in Simferopol and raised the Russian flag.
10. Witnesses apparently told Interfax news agency the men with “Russian Navy ensigns” surrounded Simferopol Airport’s domestic terminal.
A volunteer helping the men named Vladimir has reportedly told Reuters that he said he did not know where the men came from, adding: “I’m with the People’s Militia of Crimea. We’re simple people, volunteers. We’re here at the airport to maintain order. We’ll meet the planes with a nice smile — the airport is working as normal.”
12. Apparently Russia’s Black Sea Fleet has denied blocking Belbek Airport in Sevastopol.
13. The AP reports the men have apparently apologized and left Simferopol Airport after no Ukrainian troops had landed at the airport.
Apparently the airport has “no comment,” on the situation but, as the the volunteer Vladimir told Reuters, the airport seems to be functioning normally.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗