2. The extreme conditions are best illustrated by this terrifying video of a Emirates flight trying to land at Birmingham Airport.
The pilots tries to land, but ends up having to pull up and go around.
3. After several attempts to land, the Emirates flight was diverted to Gatwick airport.
Interesting! Looks like EK39, the Emirates B77W to BHX flown around BHX a bit & has now had enough & is diverting!
4. Accounting assistant Kevon Miller was on the flight, and explained that once diverted to Gatwick, they were kept on the plane and had to wait to refuel.
“We landed at Gatwick and refueled. Nobody got off the plane and people were getting quite restless at having to wait, but we were told that the winds in Birmingham had died down and five other planes had managed to land. One woman was sick but generally everyone else was OK. It’s just one of these things – we couldn’t really control the weather.”
5. Kevon also tweeted about his flight:
Only 3 hours later, & over 27 hours of travelling, home sweet home. FINALLY. Never getting on a plane again, I’d rather swim……
@roweyyo @DanRob86 trust me, full on wanted to cry!!! Laura was just calm & laughing
7. Unfortunately, the passenger’s personal screens switched to the camera that was facing the runway, giving the entire plane a terrifying view of what was happening.
@DanRob86 lol, there monitors on the plane that change screens, as we tried to land, it was on the camera facing the runway.
Thankfully, other than someone being sick, no one was hurt during the flight.