20 Times Nigella Lawson Proved She Is A Goddess Among Us
She can throw shade without even trying, and drop a questionable innuendo like nobody else. Here's why the original Domestic Goddess will always be the queen of our hearts. #TeamNigella
2. Every time she's managed to be absolutely filthy in an incredibly classy way.
3. When she revealed that when she was younger she wanted to live in Italy so badly that she took a job as a chambermaid just so she could stay:
Women of my generation were keen – rightly – not to be tied to the stove, but the ramifications of this were that they felt a sense of dread in the kitchen. How can this be good for anyone? I also feel that to denigrate any activity because it has traditionally been associated with the female sphere is in itself anti-feminist.
5. That time she willingly covered her face in salted caramel and looked as ethereal as she did tasty.
Yes, there is balance, but it is in the most nutritionally unacceptable way possible: instead of banishing or even reducing these demons of the age – sugar, salt and saturated fat – we choose to have them in bold and loud harmony; they are all present and incorrect. Eating this Class A foodstuff in the form of a handful of salted caramel truffles, a slab of sea-salted milk chocolate or, another heady favourite of mine, a turtle sundae (think vanilla ice cream, salted syrup-sticky pecans, caramel and hot fudge sauce) is not so much breaking the rules as spectacularly flouting them.
7. When she thanked her #teamnigella supporters during the midst of Highella Gate.
8. When she dressed up as Caitlin Moran and did this:
"I am not against pity, but I have no desire to be tragic.".
10. When, Nigella explained that while her family may have been beautiful (so beautiful!) and posh (so posh!) she actually had a rather tough childhood.
13. When she went swimming in this, and managed to pull it off somehow.
But you know women find it very easy to persecute themselves over their weight and whenever I've said, 'I ought to lose a bit of weight', I can guarantee I'll put it on. I love food and I love cooking, so therefore, I could never deprive myself.