31 Things From Walmart That’ll Help You Update Your Wardrobe For 2021
Wether you're looking for staple pieces or a pop of color, 2021 calls for a wardrobe revamp and we are here to help you find your new essentials.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A trendy lil' black star dress to ring in the New Year! Thanks grocery delivery for bringing the bubbly to ME. Nothing is gonna stop us from starting off 2021 in style.
2. An oversidezed duster cardigan to help accentuate your 'coming out of quarantine' wardrobe without making too much of a commitment to fitted clothing! Dress it up for the public, but make it cozy at home.
3. A simple long-sleeve shirt to add as a staple in your closet. They are perfect for layering under cozy sweaters and pulling together intricate outfits. Keep it simple or *accessorize*.
4. A casual striped long-sleeve top for the days full of errands. Need to return that sweater aunt Susan gave you for Hanukkah? Who knows maybe you'll run into your cousin in the customer service line!
5. A colorful striped dress to breathe some life into that stale, dark closet of yours. Just because the world was gloomy, doesn't mean you have to be! Let's show 2021 who is boss!
6. A pair of black jeans for an absolute ~classic~ part of every outfit. I know what you're thinking, "bisshhhh jeans??" but hear me out. You order your size, slip these babies on, and then realize that these jeans are lightweight, stretchy, and fit like a glove. Then you have a deep realization that jeans were never the enemy! You just had the wrong pair!
7. An olive green jumpsuit to really make 2021 a stylish year. This piece is perfect for a business casual, outdoor casual, or couch potato casual. The only time you might doubt your choice in jumpsuit is in the stall of a public restroom, but other than that you are ~gucci~.
8. A graphic tee with a tiger so you may always remember the roar in your soul. Just kidding! I know this shirt is perfect to wear with pj's, and then in the morning you can slip on your jeans, a puffer, and some booties.
9. A cranberry mock neck long-sleeve top for the days that you wanna be extra comfortable and look presentable. Nothing like a simple, one color top to really get creative with your accessories. I can imagine this with a chunky scarf for the extra cold days or with a faux fur vest and bold necklace in the spring. Don't overthink it!
10. A pair of super soft athleisure bottoms to snuggle up in! Just because it's a new year doesn't mean everything is gonna change back to normal. If 2020 has taught us anything it is to really appreciate the simplicity of staying home, and you're gonna want these pants for that!
11. A classic white button-down blouse to dress up your ~'fit~. A lot of us will be returning to offices and jobs that require a level of professionalism that eating Cheetos and watching Tiger King in bed don't really call for...
12. A yellow tunic sweater for the days that you feel like a hecking ray of sunshine and you want the world to know. We are all coming out of a tough year and I speak for everyone when I say we need more sun beams like you!
13. A pair of sassy leopard print flats to dress up any outfit for work or a night out! I am so happy leopard made a comeback. Let's make sure to carry it through to this new year so that we can actually wear our leopard in public with *pride*.
14. A pair of black overalls for your everyday use. These ~bebes~ (insert Moira Rose's voice) are a wardrobe essential. If you have never owned a pair of overalls before, this is your moment! What are you waiting for?!
15. A sherpa-lined denim jacket to pair with literally ~anything~. I mean I can't think of anything that wouldn't pair nicely with this absolute gem of a jacket!
16. A leopard print duster that'll turn your casual OOTD into something saucy and worth looking at! Make those heads turn BAY-BEEE!
17. An orange pleated midi skirt to dress up for any occasion. Skirts are the coolest way to say "Yes, I dressed up and I give a heck," without actually giving a heck. Ever wondered what it's like to wear no pants in public? Wonder no more! Wear a skirt!
18. A pair of black buckle booties for that moto grunge look. These pair perfectly with a latte in one hand and your precious pooch in the other. Move over 2020! 2021 means *business*!
19. A pair of flare-legged jeans to let the new year know you mean business. Pair them with your favorite chucks and graphic tee or go for a more dressed up vibe with some platform pumps and flowy top. Either way, you will feel unstoppable in these high rise, denim beauties.
20. A pair of subtle but stylish plaid pants, because not only are you going to flaunt some serious boss babe energy with these, but I hear they are also super comfy.
21. A long-sleeve varsity top for the days where comfort is a priority. This super soft top is perfect for the low-key days when you might need that extra lil' hug. Cozy, cute, and hella huggable!
22. A pair of classic black leggings for any time, any place. If you are anything like me then you have a random pile of black leggings that you wear constantly! These will have you searching through the pile to find your favorite pair of black leggings! "No babe, they are not all the same!" —me
23. A boyfriend blazer for the days that need the extra professional *UMPF*! This blazer has a cute little scrunched sleeve detail that basically says, "Don't mess with me, I am on a mission!"
24. A gray mock neck sweater to tough out the rest of the winter in. This is another basic essential for your 2021 wardrobe. It's the simple understated items that we get the most use out of! A sweater like this one can be a sort of chameleon in your closet. How would you style this classic piece?
25. A white peplum hem shirt for when the sun begins to stay in the sky a little longer. Can you imagine slipping this on, throwing your hair in a bun, turning on your favorite morning tunes, and dancing around while sipping coffee? I just wanna twirl around and feel my shirt flowing with me. Don't ever underestimate the power of a good solo dance party!
26. A ribbed puffy-sleeve top to dress up any outfit. Command that conference room floor (or Zoom screen) and show your team who is boss!
27. A green denim jacket for your everyday convenience. I consider olive green a neutral that can be worn with almost anything and if I am wrong, I don't wanna be right!
28. A pair of high rise Champion leggings for the days you feel like breaking a sweat. What is it about those two little stripes that make me feel like I can go on a 10-mile run?! Run, Forrest! Run!
29. A zip-front sports bra to keep even large breasts in check. I know y'all aren't tryna run while holding your boobs. With this trusty support system, you can you feel secure and focus on the part of your body you are actually working.
30. A cinched hoodie for throwing over your gym 'fit. This zip-up hoodie is simple yet perfect for getting you from point A to point B.
31. A pair of white sneakers to wear while getting your heartbeat pumping. I am not one to fall for the *new year, new me!* hype but I do love how I feel when I get my body moving. So whether it's a resolution or habit, make sure you shoes are fully supporting you and your efforts!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.