6. Keep up the hard work.
“No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you’ll find the positive side of things.”
7. Sober is sexy.
“It’s not about being ‘innocent’, it’s about saving yourself from a potential addiction.”
8. Live by your own standards.
“Perfectionism only leads to disappointments and insecurities. Self acceptance leads to nothing but confidence, motivation, strength, and humility. Is ‘perfection’ really worth sacrificing your emotional freedom at the expense of other’s standards and expectations? Who are YOU living for: our society or YOURSELF?”
9. Choose your friends wisely.
“A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party, and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends. When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls. I had four texts. That was a wake-up call. I don’t have loads of friends. I used to, but then I realized, do any of them actually care? Now I have people who, if I break my leg in the middle of the night, will come to the hospital with me. Or they’ll answer the phone at 4 a.m. if I need them.”
10. Be brave.
“Life is precious and it’s what you do with it that keeps you alive on the inside. It’s not enough just to live and take that gift for granted. Each one of us has fears,but the more we work to over come them, the more we are able to enjoy our lives.”
13. Love yourself first.
“If you don’t love yourself for your flaws and imperfections, you can’t expect anyone else to either. Sometimes the very thing we are most insecure about is the feature that people like the most about us. You’re not supposed to look like everyone else. We are each made differently, so find whatever flaw or imperfection you have and start embracing it because it’s part of you. Be proud of your originality. There’s no one else in the world that’s like you.”
15. Take responsibility.
“Being badass is handling your shit.”
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- At least nine people have been killed after a fire broke out during a warehouse party late Friday night in Oakland, California.
- A public health expert says President-elect Mike Pence's resistance to needle exchanges during Indiana's HIV outbreak last year is the direct result of systemic failure.
- "I'm 21 so you can have it back!" This 23-year-old got her lost ID back in the mail, along with a hilarious thank you note 💌😂