This is a day for nerds of all types
For the lady nerds, 1981 - The Marriage of Diana and Prince Charles. (stay tuned pg. 90)
* Where: St. Paul’s Cathedral
* Congregation size: 3,500
* Global TV Audience: 750 million
* Lady Diana, 20. Prince Charles, 32.
For science nerds, 1958 - born today NASA the national aeronautics and space agency. (American Century 258)
*The Launch of Sputnik on October 4, 1957
*Started the Space Age and the Space Race.
*Development and foundation heavily involved President Eisenhower and Senator Lyndon Johnson
*the famous Space Act objectives have barely changed since it’s founding.
For history nerds, 1883 - Benito Mussolini
*Founder of Fascism
*wanted to restart Roman Empire. Didn’t
For music nerds, 1965 - The Beatles film “Help!” premiered in London.
*Help was the first song ever to start with the Chorus
*Film was goofy and hilarious
*Inspired by Marx Brother comedy with some new 70’s ironic flair (That is why it is actually a very important film in this history of film comedy)
*Scenes like the drying machine in the bathroom are inspired slapstick that would go on to influence films like Airplane and The Naked Gun.
For fashion nerds, 1953 - Tim Gunn
*Chief Creative Officer at Fashion Design at the Parsons New School for Design with Liz Clairborne
*Best On-Air Mentor of any reality series (Project Runway)
*Does voice over work for Disney
*BFA in Sculpture
For actual nerds, 1972 - Wil Wheaton
*Sometimes cosplays as Wesley Crusher to Comic Conventions
*Stand By Me
*The Big Bang Theory
*Super Awesome Twitter
*Super Awesome Youtube
*Sorry we painted you green Wil. We made you look like an alien. My bad.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Trump White House has a habit of taking credit for business deals struck under Obama, as they did today with a Ford investment plan from 2015.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.