21 Heartbreaking “Grey’s Anatomy” Medical Tragedies That You Will Never Get Over
Shonda, are you trying to kill us?
1. When Cristina has an ectopic pregnancy and she loses her baby.
2. When the homemade bomb kills the bomb-squad member.
3. When Meredith almost drowns and Derek saves her.
And you're yelling at the little girl, "I KNOW THAT YOU'RE IN SHOCK RIGHT NOW, BUT YOU HAVE TO HURRY UP AND TELL DEREK THAT THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN. K, THANKS, BYE." And then your mom's like, "I think you're taking your aggression out on the wrong person — she's just a kid."
4. When Bailey spends her whole day holding a dying child.
5. When Alex finds out that Izzie has cancer.
6. When Denny dies after his surgery and Izzie can't let go of him.
And you want to fall to the floor because your heart hurts so bad because her heart is breaking and you can feel it. And then your doorbell rings, but you can't get up because the person at the door is going to ask what's wrong and you don't want to see their face when you explain that you're crying over a fictional man's death.
7. When you realize George O'Malley is John Doe.
8. When the gunman enters the hospital and kills Reed.
9. And when Alex is found bleeding out in the elevator.
And the tears keep on coming because you know the episode isn't even halfway over. And then you google "elevator deaths" to figure out if you should ever get in one again.
10. And when Mandy Moore and Bailey hide from the shooter.
And you're hysterically crying while Mandy Moore's character is holding her breath and pretending she's dead and while Bailey is being pulled out from under the bed. And then you realize you don't know what's going on because your blanket is covering your face.
11. And when Derek is shot by the gunman.
12. And then when Cristina tries to save Derek while the gunman stands right next to her.
13. When Cristina isn't able to save Henry and Teddy makes her recite what happened in the surgery over and over again.
14. When Callie and Arizona get into a car crash.
15. When Lexie dies from the plane crash as Mark tells her he loves her.
And you're like, "WHY, SHONDA, WHY." And then your mom pulls the pen and paper our of your hands and tells you to think about what you're doing.
16. And when Mark finally dies from the plane crash.
And your heart feels tricked because you thought he was going to make it and live a beautiful life but really Shonda was just setting you up for tears. And now your mom is like, "What's wrong with you? You keep on saying 'McSteamy' over and over again." And you're like, "You don't understand — YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND."
17. When April and Jackson hold their baby as he dies.
18. And *sob* when *sob* everything *sob* happens *sob* with *sob* Derek.
19. And then watching as those ~stranger~ doctors try to save Derek.
20. And when Meredith unplugs the love of her life.
21. And finally, when Doc dies because you didn't think Shonda would kill off an innocent, fluffy dog.
For shame, Shonda. For shame.