If you're a '90s kid who grew up watching Nickelodeon, then you're probably a fan of Legends of the Hidden Temple's one and only fearless leader, Kirk Fogg.
In anticipation of Nickelodeon's Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie, BuzzFeed spoke with Kirk about everything and anything LOHT...especially about that girl who puked in the Pit of Despair.
Here's what we learned:
1. The first episode they ever shot took 18 hours to film.
2. The moat crossing, which was completed in one to two minutes on the TV show, actually sometimes took 25 to 30 minutes to complete.
3. They actually shot five different episodes at the same time, so there was around two hours in between each event.
4. Approximately 15% of the contestants cried after being scared by the Temple guard.
5. Kirk ran through the Temple a lot.
"I always made sure before the season that I would run through the Temple and make it through the Temple. Because…if they can make it through the Temple, then I can make it through the Temple." —KF
6. His best time was obviously under three minutes.
7. And he always tried to help the contestants.
8. Kirk most definitely kept his iconic denim shirt.
9. And what did he carry around in his tool belt? ChapStick and a granola bar.
10. Kirk used to be the basketball coach of the son of the actor who played Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob. Obviously, Nickelodeon stars stick together.
11. Kirk’s favorite team was the Silver Snakes.
12. The contestants totally had pizza for lunch.
13. Kirk loved the, as some would lovingly say, underwhelming prizes (looking at you, box of Nestlé Nesquik)...and he knows the kids liked them too.
14. Kirk and Dee Bradley Baker, aka the voice of Olmec, had a lot of fun joking around together on set.
15. Dee used to make snide remarks behind Olmec’s head.
16. One time Kirk had to let the producers know during the show that Olmec’s lips were falling apart.
17. One time Kirk got recognized as the host of LOHT during the filming of an Arby’s commercial.
18. Another time he was recognized while jumping in a bouncy house.
19. He once got a letter in the mail asking him to sign a picture of himself so an engaged couple could auction it off at their wedding shower to raise money for their honeymoon.
20. Kirk started tearing up when one particular girl beat the odds and made it through the Temple.
21. But then there was that other girl who got stuck in the Pit of Despair, and then threw up in it.
22. For everyone who questioned the need for those hilarious mouth guards, Kirk says they were 100% necessary.
"I always made sure they had their mouth guard out when we had good money shots…but you had to have a mouth piece. [And] you had to have that helmet or else you're going to knock that cranium off." —KF