1. Stop relying on complaints as an icebreaker.
2. Make someone feel like an expert.
3. Introduce people with a thoughtful compliment.
4. Follow up with someone when they get interrupted.
5. Be chill with awkward silences.
6. Actually remember everyone's name.
7. Never ditch the person you came with.
8. Accept the damn compliment.
9. Drop your tongue when you're listening.
10. Don't talk to someone with a cell phone in your hand.
11. Talk about ideas, not people.
12. Respond in a way that proves you were actually listening.
Not, like, in an obnoxious way, but just respond thoughtfully — especially when someone is venting. Instead of a simple "Ugh, that's the worst" add in some details, like "I can't believe they forgot your guac AGAIN. Especially since you ASKED if it was in there."