1. The Mystery Machine - Scooby-Doo (1969)
Fred’s sweet ride provided the transportation and get-away wheels from the villain of the week (usually some old angry man that no-one suspected) on Scooby-Doo.
2. The Canyonero - The Simpsons (1998)
From Episode 15 of Season 9 entitled “- “The Last Temptation of Krust,” Marge Simpson became the quintessential soccer mom with the Krusty endorsed Canyonero.
3. The Compact Pussycat - Wacky Races (1968)
Penelope Pitstop’s #5 Compact Pussycat came in first 4 times in the Wacky Races cartoon. The car was a little weird looking but had girl appeal with its pink color and umbrella accessory.
4. The Mach 5 / Mach Go - Speed Racer / Mach GoGoGo (1967)
Go Speed Racer Go! Mach GoGoGo for the anime purists.
5. Fred Flinstone’s Car - The Flinstones (1960)
The memorable car made from boulders and bones. They’ll have a gay old time.
6. Tow Mater - Cars (2006)
Tow Mater stole the show in my not so humble opinion. Maybe the first animated rusted truck with buck teeth and a southern accent.
7. The Mean Machine - Wacky Races (1968)
Another entry from the Wacky Races is Dick Dastardly’s Mean Machine. Along with his side kick Muttley, Dastardly never won a wacky race. He did, however, get a spin off.
8. Lightening McQueen - Cars (2006)
Lightening McQueen was the star of Pixar’s Cars. I think he may have been out-shined by a certain old tow truck, but he did get the girl in the end.
9. Optimus Prime - Transformers (1984)
Leader of the autobots and a main character in the the cartoon (or boy soap opera as I like to call it) Transformers. Maybe were supposed to like Bumblebee because of the movie…I’ll stick with my Optimus Prime.
10. Ectomobile - The Real Ghostbusters (1986)
Okay…maybe not original to the animated series, but still critical and memorable to the generation of youngens who know the cartoon not the movie. The Ectomobile was a converted Cadillac ambulance. BONUS LINK: The very sweet Ecto-Ichi
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, is separating from Anthony Weiner after his latest sexting revelation.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.