1. You're actually so much older than the legal drinking age, you fear they'll think it's a fake I.D.
2. You get carded and wonder if it's your outfit that made you look juvenile.
3. You try to laugh it off when you're the only one at the table who gets carded.
4. You pretend you're cool with getting carded just as you feel yourself regressing to your junior prom.
5. You have a moment where you honestly do not care who thinks you're but a child.
6. You're next in line to the door, and you worry you will get carded.
7. Then the self-fulfilling prophecy ruins your night.
8. You can't believe everyone is getting waved in except for you.
9. You avoid going to the bar with anybody who might laugh at you for getting carded.
10. Instead of going out with the work crowd, you have to go back home because you forgot your I.D.
11. You refuse to go bar-hopping to avoid getting carded multiple times in one night.
12. You hope your glasses and hairdo garner you respect.
13. You try flirting with the bartender so as not to get asked for I.D.
14. You consider bribing the doorman to not card you.
15. You try to slip into the club unnoticed and fail miserably.
16. You thought nobody saw you get asked for your I.D., but a friend saw and teases you.
17. You suddenly feel like a toddler and wonder if other people notice.
18. You act as though the person asking for your I.D. is totally pulling your leg.
19. The I.D. requester is not even smiling, but you continue to behave as though they can't be serious.
20. When you don't get carded it's like the best moment of your life.
21. And the whole world loves you.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!