19 Surprising Facts About Chocolate Chip Cookies
Courtesy of The Great American Chocolate Chip Cookie Book.
1. In the Middle East, chocolate chip cookies are topped with chocolate sauce and eaten with knife and fork.
2. 13.5% of American adults admit to having eaten 20 or more chocolate chip cookies at a time.
3. Those cookies the Cookie Monster eats on Sesame Street are actually rice cakes with brown dots painted on.
4. One easy way to up the flavor of your chocolate chip cookies is to let the prepared dough sit in the refrigerator for 24 to 36 hours before baking.
5. Otis Spunkmeyer is a mash-up of the names of football player Otis Sistrunk and popcorn maker Orville Redenbacher.
It was dreamed up by company founder Ken Rawling's 12-year-old daughter.