19 Resolutions That Are SO Much Better Than Going On A Diet
Diets are the worst. But healthy living is awesome!
It's that time of year again.
And you know what that means...
And then there's this.
And most definitely this.
But here's a thought... what if this year you choose a resolution that ISN'T about losing weight?
Look, it's not exactly a secret that diets suck. And anyone who goes on diets over and over again knows firsthand that they often don't even really work, at least not in the long run.
What if instead of focusing on losing X pounds in Y weeks, you focused on something else?
1. Do a plank every day, and add five seconds to your time each week.
2. Prepare a week's worth of healthy snacks for yourself every Sunday, so that you're munching on healthy foods when you get hungry throughout the week.
3. Build yourself a standing desk.
4. Meditate for five to 10 minutes a day.
5. Eat less added sugar each day.
6. Walk for at least half an hour every day.
Developing a walking habit may help you stay healthier and more physically active as you age, according to research on people in their seventies and eighties, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Walking can also strengthen your bones, improve your mood, and help you manage certain medical conditions, per the Mayo Clinic.