With 15 million users in less than a week, it’s no surprise that people have found lots of ways to make a buck off of Pokémon Go.
Here’s a look at what they’re making and how they’re doing it.
1. Offering services as a driver, walker, hatcher, safari guide, or trainer
2. Selling accounts and rare Pokémon
3. Taking advantage of the Pokémon Go craze to market other goods
4. Offering Pokémon Go Hacking, Cheating, and Scamming Skills
5. URL squatting
6. Writing a guide to catching ‘em all
Caroline O'Donovan is a senior technology reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in San Francisco.
Contact Caroline O'Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.