27 Dresses From Amazon That'll Have You Getting Compliment After Compliment
The key to my heart: buy me clothes and gives me compliments.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A tie-waist bat-wing sweater dress that's perfect for the transition season. This hip-hugging, lightweight knit mini is comfy and chic, people won't be able to NOT talk about how great it is.
2. A black puff-sleeve minidress because everyone needs a little black dress. Or a little green dress, or a little blue dress, or any of the other seven colors this cutie comes in. Wear it casually with sneakers, or style it for a night out with a pump or boot!
3. A V-neck open-back dress for a little flirty flair and ultra-feminine silhouette that will have everyone asking "where did you get that?!" This dress is fitted in the waist and has a gathered A-line skirt, for a silhouette that everyone will love.
4. A wrap dress with a ruffle hem and long sleeves that's perfect to take you from work to play. This mini has a structured bodice, balancing out the unstructured skirt beautifully. It also comes in a short sleeve version!
5. A V-neck mock wrap dress with a tiered skirt, because this one is a real stunner. A deep v will create long lines in the dress's top area, while the layered skirt is creating dimension and movement around the bottom. Sounds like a perfect pair to me!
6. An elegant cashmere swing dress that says "tea time." And at said tea time, all the ladies who lunch will be whispering about how amazing your dress is. That's the kind of gossip sesh we can get behind...
7. A knit midi dress for those days when you want to look put together without any effort. A knit midi is an easy year-round staple — just throw it on over a swimsuit, style it for the office with an oversized blazer, or toss it on to run to the grocery store with your errand tote in hand. Imagine: someone stopping you in the produce section to compliment your dress...
8. A ruffle-sleeved skater dress that is a classic staple with a twist. This will surely become your go-to dress for any occasion and trust us — no one will even question why you're outfit repeating.
9. A ruched one-shoulder mini, because this baby deserves to be shown off. Between the great range of colors and the figure-hugging fabric, this dress is ready for a night out on the town. Cue the high-pitched squeals from your friends when they see you in this.
10. A ruffled smocked bodice midi dress in a bold color that you can't help but stop to stare at! This dress will have all eyes on you and make you feel like a royal.
11. A body-con midi with a tulip hem for a "work hard, play harder" look. It's fitted throughout the bodice and hips, with a little kick flare at the bottom.
12. A ribbed midi dress with ribbon straps that's sure to bring in a few wows. This minimalist bodycon number is trendy but timeless, making it the perfect addition to your wardrobe. The cotton is cool in the summer, yet heavy enough to keep its shape after multiple wears. And you can adjust the straps as you need to!
13. A ruched bust mini dress with adjustable straps, because according to reviews, this piece is where sexy meets comfortable. And that is a winning combination, my friends. I imagine Gen Z'ers wearing this dress to brunch on a Saturday with super chunky sneakers and crewneck socks, while the rest of us dress it up with a heeled sandal and statement earrings (sorry, not all of us can pull off those sneakers!). Either way, bring on the compliments.
14. A boho, tiered A-line maxi dress with a tie-neck that will make everyone who sees you in it jealous that they're not as comfortable as you are. The top can be left untied at the neck or tied into a sweet bow, depending on how much coverage you'd like. The skirt just swings around after the waistband, for a carefree, effortless look that'll make you excited to get dressed.
15. A keyhole midi to fill the trendy sundress void in your closet — And the hole in your heart previously filled with unstylish clothing. The cutout at the bust creates a perfect sweetheart neckline over an A-line skirt. It's ready for baby showers, birthday parties, cocktail hour, or brunch.
16. A satin cowl neck midi that will stun at all of your upcoming events! This beauty has adjustable straps for customizable coverage and a high slit on the left leg for a little va-va-voom. This one pretty much speaks for itself, but I (and reviewers) can also guarantee ample compliments.
17. A silky slip dress to just ~slip~ into. This chic midi is a day-to-night dream; switch from sneakers to sandals and you're all set. Then just sit back and let the praise roll in.
18. An off-the-shoulder mini dress with a tied back that's super girly and sweet. It's the perfect summer dress! The elastic waistband allows for a comfy fit, and the elastic on the armholes gives you the option to wear the sleeves off or over the shoulder. We love a nonrestrictive-yet-stylish dress.
19. An asymmetrical deep V dress for all the summer weddings you have lined up. The construction of the dress really cinches the waist, while the asymmetric hem modernizes the piece. Who wants a boring old straight hem?! Okay, plenty of people do, but this design is such an intriguing spin on a consistently used silhouette.
20. A bodycon wrap dress – you can move and groove in this stunner while feeling secure and covered. It's perfect for that middle school acquaintance's wedding you've been dreading, because you'll obviously want to slay in front of all of your elementary school crushes. Yes, I am killing it, thanks for asking.
21. A ruffle-sleeved midi dress that's ideal for frolicking and gathering flowers and compliments. 💐 (And for more practical reasons like an evening out, but ya know, priorities.) This fully functioning wrap skirt can be fitted to your body and preferences, meaning it'll be beautiful any way you style it!
22. A sexy bodycon tank dress for you minimalists and trend-lovers out there. The silhouette, square neckline, and short hem are sexy but functional for the ultimate fashion moment. This pairs well with slip-on flats, a platform heel, and would even be amazing with cowboy boots. It is festival season, after all...
23. A tiered strapless printed maxi dress featuring ruffles, an elastic bust, and a high slit for mobility and style. This is all you'll want to wear this summer! Especially when your friends are "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over it.
24. An eyelet baby doll dress for picnics and compliments galore. How sweet is she?! The flutter sleeve and A-line shape are a sunny summer Sunday dream. It also comes with a belt to tie around your waist, if you like more of a cinched waist.
25. A tiered maxi dress with a ruched bodice that will have all the beach babes jealous! Wear this from the beach to the bar for the perfect "cover-up that doesn't look like a cover-up."
26. A ruched and ruffled mini dress with a smocked bust for a cute boho-chic look. The square neckline and mid-thigh length are sophisticated, while the puff sleeves and layered skirt add a super feminine touch. It helps that the color selection is gorgeous.
27. And my personal favorite: a cutout maxi with an amazing back because this trendy piece will get everyone talking. It's giving "influencer status," but you're way cooler than that, so even better. While it's ankle-length on the model, most of us are not blessed with this height, so luckily, this poly/cotton blend skirt is very easy to hem — which bodes well for my 4'11" self, because I just added this to my cart.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.