To get started, even the best testosterone booster will cause side effects that you have to beware of. While I'm sure you're aware of the side effects, feel free to jump down to the bottom if you'd like a bit of an overview.
I'm sure you all are here for one reason, so I'll jump straight to that. What are the best testosterone supplements?
TestoFuel is a seasoned product, but I've just recently found it myself. To tell the truth, I'm always skeptical when I find new products, but this one was different. TestoFuel is one of the few products that I'll back with my personal recommendation for its results and all-around effectiveness. Whether you're just getting started with T-boosters or they're an old-hat part of your workout routine, Testo Fuel NEEDS to be in there.
$69.99 Buy Now From: TestoFuel
2. AlphaMax by UltraChamp
NOTE: AlphaMax is currently sold out on Amazon. I strongly suggest going with TestoFuel as a replacement. You can find it here
As testosterone goes, AlphaMax is one of the best. Well known for being as pure as you can get, AlphaMax's main ingredient may as well be "testosterone". By pure, I mean its not full of binders and crap that won't actually do something for you.
UltraChamp even goes so far as to forgo the capsule coating to maintain its purity. Top ingredient include Horney Goat Weed & Tongkat Ali Root Extract, two of the biggest natural testosterone boosters currently on the market.
Whatever reason you want a test boost, this should be your first stop.
$28.95 Buy Now On: Amazon.com (Sold Out) Buy TestoFuel Instead
3. Prime Male T-Booster
If you lift much, you'l recognize Prime Male for its Fenugreek and nettle blends. For most, its testosterone boost is perfect; Whether you are looking for a recovery in testosterone levels or bulking up and building strength, this will be your new best friend..
Similar to AlphaMax in ingredients, but topped off with Fenugreek as the accompanying ingredient to the nettle. Makes for a great boost in my opinion.
$69.99 Buy Now On: Prime Male
5. SwollEZ Pure Testosterone Booster
SwollEZ I've just recently discovered and so far I love it. I'm currently cycling it in with the rest of my product, but I would consider it a contender with some of the more expensive supplements out there. Still not quite on the level of AlphaMax, but certainly gives it a run for its money.
SwollEZ also minimizes binders and sticks with ingredients that do work, the main one being that horney goat weed.
$14.95 Buy Now On: Amazon.com
Everything Else on Testosterone Boosters
Cycling Testosterone Supplements
I mentioned this several times above. In my opinion, cycling is what separates the men from the boys when it comes to supplements for mass and muscle gain. Cycling is, simply put, switching between various different brands (and types) of supplements. Included in this cycle would be periods of no supplement at all. In the case of testosterone boosters, the usual recommendation is 4-6 weeks on and 4-6 off.Personally, I like to cycle 2-3 weeks and build in more cycles (for example 2 weeks on AlphaMax, 2 weeks on BattleFuel, and 4 or 5 weeks off, etc.).
The reason for cycling is two-fold:
1. Because switching up your supplement regimen prevents your body from adapting fully to any given supplement.
2. Specific to testosterone supplements, your body begins to produce a variety of offsetting hormones and nutrients to counterbalance the rise in testosterone. Cycling correctly can, in 9 cases out of 10, prevent any of those nasty side effects you're probably aware of.
If you are interested in more info and have gotten this far in, then check out this other post on the benefits of top testosterone supplements.
Side Effects of Testosterone & How to Avoid Them
For the most part, if used as directed and monitored by a doctor, you shouldn't see any drastic side effects. Side effects such as liver damage, raised cholesterol, and circulatory problems have been reported.
The most common problem actually comes from the increase in estrogen adn as you might expect, this includes breast development, shrinking up the boys, and even infertility.
So, testosterone is not to be taken lightly, but at the same time, if you are careful you should be able cycle out any of these problems or at least spot them long before they become an issue.
Top Natural Testosterone Ingredients Explained
So, I mentioned several ingredients above, but I wanted to explain them in a bit more detail.
1. Horney Goat Weed - Despite the funny name and no one really know exactly how it works, HGW basically ends up block a small amount of estrogen in your body meaning higher T levels.
2. Tongkat Ali Root - Another supplement borrowed from eastern medicine, Tongkat acts directly on t-levels and improves libido and muscle development. Again, the world is a bit hazy on how or why it works, but it does.
3. Fenugreek - You know the drill. Boosts testosterone, boosts libido, boosts muscle growth. An added bonus is that fenigreek boosts insulin levels by running through your liver. Good stuff :).
4. Zinc & Magnesium - Both regular minerals that our body needs, and both generally deficient in a good part of men, especially those who have a testosterone deficiency. Make sure you load in enough of these minerals though foods like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
5. Tribulus & Stinging Nettle - The reason I've lumped these together is that I don't feel they are very effective in comparison to other options. Most studies that I've seen show no significant increase with the use of these particular supplements (see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16635963)