1. You grew up in or around Breezy Point, Rockaway, Point Lookout, Pearl River, Belle Harbor, or another notoriously Irish part of New York.
2. You always heard stories about how hard your grandparents had it growing up.
3. You have ancestors that came through Ellis Island.
4. Angela’s Ashes is second only to the Bible in your family.
5. Your parents were born in New York, but also had it really rough growing up.
6. You went to Catholic school.
7. For your baptism, first communion, or confirmation, someone bought you a claddagh ring.
8. You know the Irish county your ancestors are from, but have no geographic idea of where in Ireland that is.
9. Your parents have at least five siblings, therefore you have at least 20 cousins.
10. You have at least a couple NYPD officers in your family.
11. Your house had nonsensical Irish blessings and proverbs on display.
12. There’s never much food at family gatherings, but there’s usually a good amount of booze.
13. You eat all kinds of dyed green food on St. Patrick's Day.
14. You and all your non-Irish friends celebrate St. Paddy’s day in the spirit of what the holiday is really all about...
15. You're supposed to love corned beef and cabbage... but you really just don’t.
16. You’ve been told you have a lot of relatives in Ireland... you just have no idea who they are.
17. But P.S. I Love You made you really want to go to Ireland.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!