Cran-Apple Rum Punch
2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
3 cinnamon sticks
1½ teaspoon cloves
1½ cups sugar
1½ cups water
1½ cups orange juice
1½ cups apple cider
2 tbsp sliced ginger
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups apple cider
2 cups Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
1. In a large stock pot, add apples, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, sugar, water, orange juice, apple cider (1½ cups), ginger, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
2. Bring pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20–30 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Strain through a mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing fruit with a spoon to get all the liquid out. There should be about 3 cups of syrup.
4. Stir in 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and then put in the fridge until cooled.
5. Pour cooled syrup into a glass pitcher, and then turn a spoon face down touching the syrup and slowly pour the apple cider (3 cups) onto the back of the spoon, layering it on top of the syrup.
6. Using the same layering technique, add the rum.
7. Garnish with cranberries, cloved apples, and lemons.
8. To serve, stir to combine all of the layers, pour to fill half a glass, and finish with club soda. (2 parts punch, 1 part club soda)