serves : 4
- 120 grams butter
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 20 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Chocolate ganache
- 160 grams double cream
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 white chocolate truffles
- Chocolate beans or sprinkles
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF.) Butter and flour each ramekin dish, making sure to knock out as much flour as possible.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Once both are melted leave to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and sugar, stir to combine.
- Next add the flour, sugar and cocoa, stir until fully incorporated.
- Fill each ramekin with 2 tablespoons of batter then place a white chocolate truffle into each center. Gently push the truffle into the batter, making sure it doesn’t go all the way to the bottom.
- Top each truffle with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the sponge springs back when you gently press the top.
- Whilst the cakes are baking prepare the ganache. Place the cream into a small pan and warm until just simmering.
- Once warm add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy. Set aside.
- Once the cakes are ready, run a knife around the edge of the cake to release them.
- Turn the cakes out on a serving plate, top with a spoon full of the ganache and top with sprinkles.
- Watch the cake turn into a colour bomb and break open for a river of white chocolate goodness