1. Remember when all your childhood dreams were crushed when the claw didn’t work out in your favor? It turns out you didn’t suck, the machine did. The people over at Vox explain how it’s just like a slot machine. Prepare to be enraged.
2. History writer Phil Edwards looked at the instruction manuals of some of the most popular claw games and found a sad, sad discovery: The machine grabs things only when it’s profitable.
The machine makes sure to calculate if it’s financially responsible to go “full-claw” and grab your stuffed animal. In other words, the machine will only let you win if it’s made up for the cost of the prize.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀