26 Things Former Emo Kids Are Secretly Ashamed Of Doing
'Cause you once used to think there was nothing sexier than a dude with guyliner and jet-black flat-ironed hair.
1. Pretending you knew the words to that one part of "Sugar, We're Goin' Down."
2. And your thirst for Pete Wentz was wayyyy too scary.
3. Putting Dashboard Confessional lyrics on your AIM.
4. Cutting your own side bangs and thinking they looked good.
5. Taking SO MANY overexposed selfies for your Myspace profile picture.
6. Using huge amounts of pink and red eyeshadow as eyeliner.
7. Being way overdramatic about your middle school problems on DeadJournal.
"Horrible day...eNtErInG a ~BlUe DaRkNeSs~."
8. Dressing entirely head to toe in items you bought from Hot Topic.
9. Acting like you actually knew what sex bracelets were.
10. Making your Myspace ~edgy~ by giving it a layout of only pink and black skulls and hearts.
11. Thinking you were badass wearing studded black belts with everything.
12. Sobbing uncontrollably when your parents didn't let you go to Warped Tour like everyone else.
13. Trying to get Hayley Williams' hair on your own.
14. Answering really personal questions on Honesty Box.
15. Thinking you were being so sensitive by making a heart out of your hands before Taylor Swift tried it.
How else would your crush know how you felt?
16. Cutting off all your circulation for the sake of skinny jeans.
17. Thinking Emily the Strange was the most boss-ass bitch on the planet.
18. Singing along to Blink-182’s “Miss You” and believing it was one of the greatest love songs of all time.
19. Thinking that you actually had a chance with Frank Iero.
20. And then getting in arguements with people who thought Gerard Way was the hottest member of My Chemical Romance.
21. Nearly throwing out your neck after attempting to get the perfect hair swoosh.
22. Looking like a walking ad for The Nightmare Before Christmas in all your swag.
23. Drawing Sharpie stars on yourself, knowing you'd get them made into a tattoo one day.
24. Posting pictures of yourself with your ~feelings~ written over them.
25. Posting these all over your Xanga:
"I made you a cookie but I eated it." *shudders*