1. Having to get through practice with a smile on your face on days you forgot your knee pads.
2. The moment you accepted your height may never change.
4. The moment you realized your coach’s corrections are forever ingrained in your mind.
5. Creating chants for perfect kills and aces.
7. Watching your brand new manicure slowly chip away right in front of you at practice.
8. Accepting the small possibility that someone’s powerful hit could nail you in the face and kill you.
9. Not really having a summer because of all the hellacious two-a-days.
12. The smell of your brand new Mizunos.
14. And that beautiful “block party.”
15. The slow burn from dig after dig.
16. Getting hit in the back of the head by someone’s shoddy attempt at a serve.
17. Thinking you were super intimidating strolling into a tournament with all your gear on.
18. Slippin’ into these fashion gems after the game.
20. Getting that game day braid just right.
21. The uncontrollable excitement before your first game of the season…
22. … And the overwhelming sadness before your last.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.