2. …So you must invent new ways to carry things.
3. Your armpits become bruised to their very cores.
5. You must think of creative ways to keep up to the same pace as your friends.
6. People can hear you coming from a mile away because they’re so loud.
7. Anything with wheels become your best friend.
8. ANYTHING but the crutches.
9. Because you’re sick of moving, you spend a ton of time sitting, dwelling alone in your thoughts.
11. People always want to take your crutches, because “they look fun.”
12. You can’t have a normal night out.
13. Exercise has become a thing of the past.
14. If your crutches fall on the floor, you have to complete an awkward balancing act to pick them up.
15. Walking through inclement weather? It’s all over.
16. Your arms and back are severely sore from all the upper body work.
17. Even giving them googly eyes won’t make them better.
18. You pray for someone to open the door for you, because it’s nearly impossible.
20. You’ve debated bearing the pain and just walking.
21. You’d rather hold it than get up to go to the bathroom.
22. You have a permanent smell of sweaty rubber on your hands from the grips.
23. No matter what, they will ALWAYS make you fall at least once.
24. Only fellow crutch-goers can truly feel your pain.
25. You count down the days until you can say goodbye to these bastards.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎