¾ lb ground turkey
½ cup sliced green peppers
½ cup thinly sliced yellow onions
8 slices provolone cheese
1 large loaf Italian bread
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 can Campbell’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut top off of bread and carefully remove the bread from the center, leaving about ½ inch of bread.
3. Take leftover bread and form a tight ball, grate ball on the fine side of a box grater to form about ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs.
4. Combine salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder, and mix.
5. Add breadcrumbs and turkey to spice mixture.
6. Form 1 inch meatballs, about 8–10.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over medium-high heat.
8. Add peppers and onions and saute until soft, about 4 minutes, then set aside.
9. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add meatballs, saute until browned, for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
10. Lower heat to medium.
11. Add Campbell’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, and ½ can of water.
12. Mix well and cover, simmering meatballs, for about 8–10 minutes.
13. Add peppers and onions.
14. Line bread with provolone cheese, and fill with meatball mixture.
15. Top with the bread lid and wrap in heavy duty foil.
16. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
17. Slice and serve immediately.