1. This is 28-year-old drag king Nikki Boudreau, and she has some pretty damn impressive David Bowie looks up her sleeve.
2. Nikki, who lives in California, did her first drag performance a couple of weeks after Bowie died early last year.
3. “Bowie’s death felt very personal to me like it did for a lot of people,” she told BuzzFeed. “His music has been a big part of my life for years.”
4. Most of her looks are from the early-to-mid ’70s, but she also does a mean version of the Goblin King from the ’80s.
5. She says that some of her outfits can take weeks to complete, because it takes a while to design patterns and track down the right accessories: “Then it’s a lot of trial and error for the actual construction.”
6. “There are so many layers to why I love doing Bowie drag. So much of drag is about playing with ideas about identity and gender, and Bowie is such a great subject for that.”
“Also as a woman it’s just really fun to embody a male rock star persona.”