We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A glass dry-erase whiteboard so you can jot down notes and key reminders throughout the day. You're not the only one who forgets what they're supposed to be doing throughout the day 😓.
Promising review: "OMG where was this 20 years ago? I have terrible ADHD and would always misplace to-do lists or misplace clipboards with reminders on them. They would get lost in the shuffle. Smartphone reminders are more of a hassle than they are worth with some informal lists that you think of spur of the moment (though sometimes they are great). Unlike other boards, I can put this in front of my FACE under the computer screen so I never overlook or forget it like every other system I've ever used in my miserable life. This acts like a much more stylish and effective anchor or central office for my quick VIP reminders. THANK YOU!" —D Louis
Get it from Amazon for $30.03 (available in five styles).
2. A standing desk that may provide a host of benefits, including reducing back pain, improving mental health, lowering blood sugar, lowering cholesterol, and more. If you're missing gym time, standing helps to burn calories, too.
Promising review: "I'm a nurse who went from being on my feet 12+ hours several days a week to now working from home and being at a desk all day doing pre-auths for insurance, and my hips are not loving it at all. Sitting eight hours a day is just killing my hips. I'm loving this desk because I can alternate sitting and standing while working. It was extremely easy to assemble and set up. The spring system makes it a breeze to raise and lower into place. It's very sturdy, too. I was concerned that my monitors would shake around and move when raising/lowering it but nope, not at all! I was originally looking at one that was $300+ but then found this one and made my decision based on the reviews. I have two 22-inch monitors that I work with and it fits them perfectly. Extremely happy with this purchase and definitely will be recommending it to my co-workers! In fact, my dad is purchasing one, too!" —Linds
Get it from Amazon $124.99+ (available in two sizes and four colors).
3. A set of armrest pads your elbows will thank you for as they rest in cozy office luxury atop these cushions. You might actually start to enjoy sitting at your desk again.
Promising review: "I have a desk chair that I live in at work that I have tried various configurations on the arms to keep from bruising my elbows. Nothing has been much help. I am very glad that I gave this a try! The covers are super soft, and the memory foam works extremely well. I have only had the covers in use for a week, but already I can feel a difference. This is a product that will continue to be appreciated by my elbows." —Kindle Customer
Get them from Amazon for $17.99 (available in two colors).
4. An assortment of people decor to add a little humor to an otherwise mundane work day. How can you not look at the little peeps trying to escape your team meeting and not smile 😊?
Meow 3D Store is a New York–based small business that creates unique decor.
Promising review: "Freaking adorable. Love these little people. Such a great fun way to look up from my desk during work and see them. Everyone at my work loves them too! And they love to move them around." —rizzyrozay
5. A Dalmatian-print desk mat if you're looking for something that'll make sitting at your desk more enjoyable. Adding a little print will liven up that workspace in no time.
6. A portable monitor so you can free yourself from the shackles of your desk and still have dual monitors for maximum productivity. It's thin like a tablet so it won't take up much room in your carrying case if you want to take it on the go.
This portable monitor has a mini HDMI and USB-C port as well as speakers, just like other external monitors.
Promising review: "I was hesitant to buy this monitor because I had never heard of the brand and am always a skeptic. I wanted a portable monitor for when I work from home. I also utilize this as a third monitor with my laptop and second monitor. I've had this product for almost a year and can only say great things. It works perfectly. It comes with a foldable case, which can double as a stand. It also comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable, a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, and a power adapter (with a USB-A to USB-C cable). I couldn't have asked for a better portable monitor! Don't hesitate!" —A. C. Pham
Get it from Amazon for $199.99.
7. A Zoom mug ideal if you spend most of your days in virtual meetings. It's also super helpful to make sure your team can see your screen or to signal to the presenter that they're on mute.
A Lovely Craft is an Illinois-based shop that makes fun and relatable mugs.
Promising review: "I got this as a gift for my coworker and I can’t wait to give it to her. It’s basically what we’ve been saying for the past 15 months, but you can enjoy coffee from it, too! Fast shipping!" —Stephanie Hecksel
8. A pack of dry-erase sticky notes you can place all over the house because they're great for leaving notes, reminders, or labeling. Stick them on stainless steel, cabinets, glass, or plastic, and simply rinse the back to make them sticky all over again.
Promising review: "Love the reuse factor, ease of use, durability, and size (cut a couple of 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" into fourths for smaller notes). I washed them off when they lost a bit of their stickiness and they continue to attach really well to walls, computer screens, cellphones, mirrors, doors, the fridge, car dash, wherever I used to put paper stickies. M.C. Squares stickies actually stick better than paper stickies on some surfaces! I also use them at the school where I work to leave notes for teachers and students on desks, laptops, doors, etc." —KJP
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four sizes).
9. A magnetic pen that doubles as a fidget toy and is able to transform into different shapes to make mini people, animals, and other objects.
10. A rotating timer ideal for people who get overwhelmed by long lists and deadlines. This timer will help you focus on one project at a time, and ensure you get a break time, too. It could even be fun to reward yourself after every hour of work with an activity to give your brain a rest.
Promising review: "I seriously want to rave about this timer / clock. It's the funkiest most awesome clock and timer. I bought it to specifically GET MY KIDS OUT OF THE HOUSE TO SCHOOL ON TIME. They consistently won't be ready every morning without me hollering 10 minutes! Five minutes! If I missed these call outs, no one was ready on time. Now, the alarm goes off and they know what that means. I flip the hexagon to 15 minutes then beep beep beep! It's loud but not obnoxious and everyone can hear it from the bedroom. Flip again for five more minutes. When it goes off again, I'm going for my keys. Better be ready, kiddos! LIFE IS BETTER with my ZNEWTECH HEXAGON DIGITAL Timer & Alarm!!!!" —77Keys
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in 30 and 60 minutes and in six colors).
Check out our hexagonal productivity timer review for more on how it can help you get more done and make the day go by faster.
11. A laptop stand so you can elevate your laptop to eye level and reduce neck strain. I use one of these for work, and it's super helpful if you use a dual monitor, too.
Promising review: "This laptop stand is amazing! It's honestly the fastest and the easiest assemble you can ever do for a laptop stand. It is just straightforward. I have an Asus laptop that is 15 inches in width and about 10.5 inches by length and it was able to hold it in place. It's roomy enough for me to put things under the stand with my laptop on it and it actually helps the laptop with ventilating properly. Came out of my class that was about two hours long and when I touched my laptop it was cool as can be. So I definitely recommend you get one." —Alejandro Alvarez
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in 10 colors).
12. A vertical laptop stand in case your desk is already filled to the brim with an assortment of office supplies and other knick-knacks. This will make it easy to have your laptop on your desk in a space-saving, efficient way, especially for those who use their laptop docked.
Promising review: "I love Omotion products, and this is no exception. It's sturdy and well made and anchors the weight of my laptop with no worries about it toppling one way or the other. I leave the clamp slightly loose so I can dock/un-dock and take my laptop away, and it's great. Freeing up that desk space is so liberating!" —David Curtiss
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in four colors).
13. A pair of blue-light-blocking glasses that'll provide some much-needed relief for your eyes by helping reducing eye strain so you can continue to scroll through emails, Kindle books, and video games headache-free.
Promising review: "Love these!! My roommate had some blue light glasses that I had tried and as much as they worked, they got smudged very easily and almost had a sort of film over them. These ones do not easily smudge and when they do I find it comes off pretty easily. I also have a very small head/face and these fit perfectly and don’t look too big on me! I’ve noticed my headaches have lessened a lot since I started wearing them during screen time, so happy with the purchase!" —Jenn Wagstaffe
Get them from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 13 styles and in multi-packs).
14. A Gorilla Grip floor mat for home offices with both hardwood and carpet flooring that'll protect your floor and help your office chair slip and slide around your desk with ease.
Promising review: "This is the nicest carpet protector we have had! It is practically invisible (you have to look hard in the photo to see it) and doesn't roll up on the edges, since it is a sturdier material. It stays put and does not 'walk' on the carpet. I was concerned about the sticker not coming off, but the company must have changed their adhesive because it pulled right off!" —Bobbiberta
Get it from Amazon for $49.99+ (available in three sizes and two options for both hardwood floors and carpet floors).
15. An under-the-desk hammock you can rest your feet on and imagine you're swinging between two palm trees on a tropical island far, far away from work. It comes with a hook to hang your headphones, too.
Promising review: "When I installed this foot hammock (which took all of two minutes), I told my husband, 'Oh my gosh! I am in short people heaven right now!' I was able to lift up my chair so my hands rest better on my desk for typing and because that would tend to make my legs go numb, I can now rest them on the hammock and it feels so comfortable. I love how adjustable it is as far as height and the clamps work great on our custom made desk. I was concerned about the metal base but I was pleased when I took it out of the box and saw the felt. I considered getting a foam rest that would sit on the floor but what I like about this is I can easily slide the hammock off if I want to pack it away to make the desk area look neat." —T. Marie
Get it from Amazon for $27.
16. A tablet and phone stand that clips onto your headboard so you can rest in bed hands-free while catching up on your emails.
Promising review: "For years, I saw my wife watch her Korean dramas and YouTube videos in bed, lying on her side with her phone or iPad propped on a pillow! This was not comfortable or easy to move around if interrupted. Got her this and we like it so much I bragged about it and purchased another one for a family member!" —Z
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in black and white).
17. A sheep magnetic paperclip holder — it's ready, ~wool-ing,~ and able to hold your paperclips for easy access and cleanup. (It's super cute even if you hardly have any use for paperclips anymore.)
Promising review: "This thing is the BEST. The magnet is STRONG. I just have to toss the paperclips at the sheep in order for them to stick. If I have several clips on my desk, I can wave this guy over them to pick them up. Best of all, this thing is cute, and brings a little bit of fun and efficiency to my office. I love my little sheep." —S.H.
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
18. An under-desk mount you can use to keep your devices organized and charged. It has three USB ports, two arms to hold over-ear headphones or a smartwatch, slots for cords and earbuds, and three wire clips.
Promising review: "I love this thing. I didn't use any screws to secure it under my desk, only the adhesive tape, and I doubt I could rip it off if I wanted to. The headphone mount on the side of my desk is nice, but the three powered USB ports in the front have been more useful than I expected; I actually bought a short 6-inch USB-C cable because it's so nice to have my phone charging at the corner of my desk connected to this. Three USB ports within arm's reach is so, so much better than having to reach to your computer or to a hub on your desk. I love it; it's something I grabbed on a whim during one of those 'I wonder what I can buy for my gaming setup' Amazon searching sessions we've all had, and ended up loving it far more than I'd expected." —Nino
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in three colors).
19. A room divider with shelves so you can section off your space without sacrificing storage. Reviewers say it's helped them to create more of a workspace area in their home.
Promising review: "Love this!!! Covers up my cat litter pans and defines the space in my large studio rental. Super easy to set up out of the box. Thank you!" —Sharon
"This item is beautiful and comes fully assembled except for slide in shelves. I purchased this for a Shore condo as a room divider to camouflage the kitchen and it’s perfect." —V.Ramoni
Get it from Amazon for $86.99+ (available in three colors and two options).
20. A standing exercise workstation because you're a multitasker, so it only makes sense that you have a workspace that allows you to check emails and get in your daily activity. And it has wheels so you can move it from room to room, or in the case of studio, from one wall to the other.
Promising review: "The FlexiSpot bike desk might be the most rewarding purchase I have ever made — personally and professionally. Within a week, it paid for itself many times over through my increased productivity. Previously, I lost critical work time to the stationary bike at the gym where I was shackled by the limitations of the iPad. By allowing me to pedal and work at my computer simultaneously, the FlexiSpot freed me from those constraints and extended every workday by hours. Meanwhile, it improved my personal health and overall state of mind. Delightfully in front of my apartment window, I can now work out for prolonged durations, lost in my work, and not even realize I'm exercising." —William N.
Get it from Amazon for $399.99+ (available six colors).
21. A retro TV tissue box complete with a cell phone holder. It's a multifunctional item that'll add extra personality to your desk.
22. A sleek and stylish charging station in case you're looking for a charger that isn't also an eye sore. You'll proudly display this wireless charger on your end table for all to see, and use. It works with iPhones, Galaxy phones, and AirPods too.
My co-worker Amanda Davis LOVES her charger. Here's what she says:
"I'd been wanting a charging station for a while now, but most are....not very pleasing to the eye, to put it nicely. When I discovered the Courant charging stations, I jumped on it and immediately wasn't disappointed one bit! First and foremost, it's so freakin' cute. The linen exterior and the minimalistic design is actually gorgeous. And second, the charging is fast! It connects with my iPhone and my AirPods with no problem (*zero* setup needed) and I can charge both at the same time. Basically whatever two items you can fit on the charging pad, you can charge. It has definitely enhanced my work experience for the better because my AirPods no longer die in the middle of meetings 🙃 A major win for me!"
Get it from Courant for $80 (available in four colors).