We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of glowing party cups that'll turn evening parties into a shining sensation. And, it'll help you find your glass when the sun goes down during the beach gathering.
Promising review: "Absolutely made our party! I ended up wishing I had bought even more. I will definitely be buying these for all of our pool parties from now on. Cups are heavier plastic than regular solo cups, good quality, and could be reused. They're easy to put together and a great size. We added balloon LEDs to the bottom of our cups and that added an extra special element." —Marybeth
Get a pack of 16 from Amazon for $22.95.
2. A set of reusable standing plates complete with a cupholder so people can mingle and munch without having to balance their plates and drinks at the same time. When the party is over, just wash them and save them for the next shindig.
3. A funny yet practical party banner to give your guests a good chuckle and also let them know that they'd better hurry up with the fun because the doors are closing at a reasonable hour.
4. A fog machine with LED lights for transporting your guests to another dimension where the drinks keep flowing and the beats keep rocking. Brace yourselves, you've just entered ~the party zone~.
Don't forget the liquid fog!
Promising review: "I've had several small/solo raves with this thing at home and it fogs up like you wouldn't believe! It looks amazing. The changing lights under it give it a mesmerizing glow. The fog I got is great, doesn't smell, leave films, and lasts a long time. I haven't refilled after about eight nights of moderate use. The remote to set it off is easy: it keeps going for about 30 seconds and stops, and needs about three minutes to go again, but my place is small and two smokes fills my whole condo. GET IT NOW!" —Brig
Get it from Amazon for $45.04.
5. A deck of giant Uno playing cards just begging to upgrade your classic Uno game. They even come in a BTS version. Draw four takes on a whole new meaning when you slam it down with a giant Korean pop star on it.
Promising review: "These are hysterically amazing! Huge hit at parties. I may or may not be sneaking out for a girls night (yes mom, I have my sanitizer and face mask) and you bet your tushy I'll be bringing these cards. Beware! The deck is pretty damn heavy, so either have someone strong carry them or you can just consider it your arm workout for the week." —Lynette
Get it from Amazon for $13.89 (also available in a BTS version).
6. A Fujifilm Instax instant camera perfect for capturing every moment at the party and sending your guests home with a little keepsake. Sure, you have cellphones, but having tangible photos you can hang around the house or keep in your wallet provides a nostalgic souvenir of fun times had.
Promising review: "Fun, easy to use camera! Very happy with the photo quality. I was surprised at how clear the photos turned out, and pleased with the details this inexpensive little camera was able to capture — light/shadow, depth, texture! Perfect to use at parties, camping, hiking, nature, and pet photos. And, it would make a great gift." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $69.99+ (available in five colors).
You might need some film for your new camera.
Also, there are really cute picture frames made for these mini photos, too.
7. A copper-colored string light you can use as an added activity at the party. Now that you have your instant camera, as people take photos, they can hang their favorites on the wall of lights. After the party is over, you'll have tons of photos of the night and can reuse them as decoration for the next get together.
The string light is 66 feet long with a 5-foot power cord.
Promising Review: "These lights are AMAZING!! They were perfect for my daughters birthday! We captured pictures of all of her friends and added them throughout the party." —Stephanie M.
“These lights are great. The length is awesome. I hung them in my living room and clipped photos to the strands. It looks really nice. There are buttons to dim or brighten the lights which are great. The quality is really good, I have had them on a few hours every night for 3+ months and not one LED has burned out yet. I also rearranged the lights more than once and the wire is very good quality, didn’t give me any trouble when manipulated." —Joel
Get it from Amazon for $10.69+ (available in eight options).
8. A bubble machine because bubbles are a sign of peace and harmony. What better vibe would you want at a party? They'll make for some pretty great photos, too.
Promising review: "What do I like about this product? Everything! You add bubble solution, plug it in and turn it on. Magically your backyard becomes a happy wonderland of bubbles. Now when I have friends over I have bubbles. It creates a happy joyous time. Who says grown adults are too old for fun times?" —X
"Even though this bubble machine was more expensive than most, I went through three bubble machines from Walmart and all of them died within weeks. This machine is battery operated and also has an AC adapter. So I can plug it up and let the kids play with it in the yard without draining batteries. But I can also put batteries in it and take it to the park for birthday parties." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $34.95+ (available in two colors).
9. A What Do You Meme? Party Game you can break out when the party seems to be getting a little dull. Soon, that awkward silence will turn into roaring laughter when you begin to piece together these memes.
Promising review: "I’ve been hearing a lot about this game recently so I figured I’d join in. I bought this game for my mom because she loves to hold game night parties. I must say it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. It definitely makes for a good laugh. It was a huge hit at her last Game Night. I highly recommend this." —Nicole
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
Or, grab the What Do You Meme? bundle complete with expansions.
10. A mini Sony Bluetooth speaker — waterproof and dustproof — with 16 hours of battery life that's small enough to take with you everywhere. So instead of you going to the party, the party can go with you.
11. Or, invest in a Sony Portable-Bluetooth Party-Speaker with a bass that booms — they might mistake your Spotify playlist for you actually having a DJ.
Coming from a musical family, audio quality is very important when playing music. This Sony speaker checks all the boxes. I love the design and how when you carry it around it almost reminds you of carrying a boombox in the 90s. All my songs sound better when pumped through this bad boy. I love it!
Promising review: "Awesome speaker honestly way bigger than I thought which is awesome! sound quality is next level! Would definitely purchase again! Also supports mic input for karaoke which is super cool!" —Barney Fife
Get it from Amazon for $498.
12. An avocado piñata to ~guac~ the roof off of your party. Everyone will gather around and cheer on the person taking their turn to swing while wondering what kind of goodies you've stuffed inside.
13. A mini projector that'll both entertain your guests and act as an added piece to a themed puzzle. If you're throwing a '90s party, you can play a House Party marathon in the background to add some ~far out~ vibes to your rad party.
Promising review: "Got it for an outdoor party so I wasn’t looking to spend a fortune and when I got this projector I can’t really imagine what more you would want. Picture quality is way better than I expected and the navigation is very intuitive. Got it going in five minutes without even having to look at the instructions. Highly recommend. No need to spend any more money." —Grayson Todd
"The picture quality and brightness coming from the projector is great! This projector is good for game nights because you can hook up your switch and play party games! I would recommend this projector to anyone 100%!!" —JL
Get it from Amazon for $67.99.
14. A modern styled party set with geometric shaped patterns and bold colors that'll make your party look put together with minimal effort required.
Coterie makes party planning that much easier by taking over party decor so you can spend more time partying and less time planning.
The set comes with plates, cups, napkins, utensils, and straws color coordinated together.
Promising review: "Used this party box for my Easter brunch at home with family. We always go to our country club for easter brunch but we were stuck at home this year due to social distancing, and these party goodies made it really special. My kids were so excited to see all the fun colors and designs." —Mary H.
Get it from Coterie for $45.
Shop the rest of their party themes here.
15. A pack of blacklight tape because a party sounds fun, but a glow-in-the-dark party, sounds 10x better. The tape is easy to remove and can be used to make a dance floor, enhance your party outfit, or make your games pop in the dark. The possibilities.... THE POSSIBILITIES!! *insert evil laugh* 😈
One set includes blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, and white tape. This tape is easy to tear with your hands, so no scissors necessary!
Promising review: "This tape is awesome stuff. It has great holding power and is super sticky. It held up to kids dancing on it all night, which is impressive. It was bright and flowed really well in the room." —A.L.
Get an assorted back of six from Amazon for $15.79+ (available in three sizes).
16. Beat That! — a fun game for kids and adults with more than 160 challenges that test how much confidence they have in their own abilities.
Promising review: "This is such a FUN game!!! We were all laughs. The amount of cards are amazing. We went several rounds and didn’t come close to using half the deck. Mommas of multiple kids make sure you are on top of your kegels because you will be laughing hard. 😳" —Eric Silvis
"Background: early 30s but still party. This game is AMAZING. Best purchase of the season. This game is so fun, it has easily reached the top of our list. We have played about 10 hours of this game and have come nowhere close to repeating any portion of the game. All of our friends have so much fun with it. As a reference, here are some games that we like, but are not as good as this game: Code Names, The Voting Game, Jenga, In The Bag, Catan, Cards Against Humanity, What Do You Meme. Honest, unbiased opinion, best money I’ve spent in a while. We will have many more hours of entertainment. Our friends keep asking how we found this game. Only negative thing I can say is that it doesn’t involve alcohol, but that’s not the point. BUY THIS GAME IF YOU LIKE FUN WITH FRIENDS!!" —David Shlecter
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
17. A candy cake because your party isn't a regular party, it's a cool party. Cakes are so overrated — not really — but follow me for a second. Why not have two cakes? One filled with all the cakey goodness you need, and another with all of these sweet treats you can toss in your bag and snack on later? Sounds like a plan.
This cake filled with tasty treats comes with four tiers of chocolate, gummies, lollipops and more – something for everyone in attendance.
Get it from Dylan's Candy Bar for $175.
18. A pre-cut giant letter balloon frame to let your party goers know that there's BIG fun happening. You'll get everything you need to make your desired letter, then just fill it with balloons. (This shop sells those, too.)
19. A pack of mini Nerf guns sure to hit the target at your party. All it takes is one person to start it off, and in seconds there's a full on battle. Only the strong will survive!
Promising review: "They came within just a few days, nicely packaged, and they work great. I bought it for my daughters Nerf gun party and I’m sure the kids will love being able to take them home as party favors!" —Amazon Customer
"I purchased these Nerf guns for my son’s birthday party. They were a huge hit! Toddlers through adults enjoyed them! They are tiny and fun!" —Jessi DeMilio
Get it from Amazon for $33.99.
Get extra Nerf compatible darts here.
20. A vibrant stage light with seven strobe colors to brighten up your get-together with a mode that will change the colors of the light with the rhythm of the music.
Promising Review: “This disco ball really lights up a room for how small it is! Also being able to change the colors is super fun. Such a great buy and perfect for all your dance party needs. I'd probably buy two for a bigger room. I love how compact it is. I keep one in the glove box of my car in case there's ever a dance party emergency." —Julia C.
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in two colors).
21. A Bluetooth karaoke microphone for the guests who also want to be the entertainment. Now, to decide between performing an old classic or a new bop.
Promising review: "I've been eyeballing a Bluetooth karaoke mic for a while and finally found the one I wanted. Too many pretty colors to choose from. Space Gray resonated the most so I bought that. I tried it for the first time. It works well. I prefer using YouTube for karaoke when I choose my songs. The speaker on the mic is not very loud. So, for parties I hook up to an aux cable so I can connect it to my JBL Bluetooth speaker. Much louder! So that's how you can turn up the volume. Use an aux cable. Great value for the price though. It was a hit at my party!" —Jen
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in 13 colors).
22. A shot glasses mold ideal for flexing your bartending skills with edible shots or creating unique desert treats.
Promising review: "I made chocolate peppermint shot glasses. I thought they were easy to remove from the mold. I used a bag of regular chocolate chips and a bag of Andes peppermint pieces and filled them with Peppermint Rum Chata. The trick to the 'perfect' shot glass is making sure to get all of the air out of them. You definitely want to use a skewer of some sort to stir the melted chocolate before they turn solid. I put them in the refrigerator to harden. It takes one bag of chips to make four shot glasses. They are pretty thick. But VERY fun at any party. You could fill them with pudding to make dessert cups. To clean you sort of had to have the mold inside out. No complaints from this buyer." —Carla