36 Items To Shop To Reinvent Your Home A Little In 2022
A little newness never hurt nobody.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A frameless mirror to fill that empty hole on your wall shelf and allow you to take one last look at that beat face before heading out the door. You look great dah'ling!
Promising review: "Super easy to set up. It doesn’t take up a lot of space and it also looks like it’s art so it doesn’t have to be just for makeup or sitting on a vanity. I put this on my office desk so I can check my teeth and stuff throughout the day. It’s a really great piece to have around without seeming like a mirror." —Tasha
Get it from Amazon for $13.98.
2. Or, a crescent moon mirror because what better way to complement your bohemian aesthetic than with this celestial piece of decor.
3. An abstract rug that features a variety of colors if your room is somewhat neutral or one solid tone to throw some additional color into the room.
4. A fire escape shelf if you no longer live in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. It's not only a super-cool piece of decor, but it can also provide a bit of nostalgia.
5. A hammered gold moon phase garland perfect for a space that just needs a dash of American Horror Story: Coven vibes.
7. Some Dalmatian-dot removable wallpaper ideal for renters looking to spice up an otherwise drab studio apartment and still walk away with their security deposit.
8. Or, a set of Dalmatian pillow covers to upcycle some of your older pillows and really fill the place with a more Cruella aesthetic.
9. Some trendy Edison bulbs — a cost-effective and stylish light that really ~glasses~ up the place.
10. Or a PlayStation LED light because gaming is life. I can picture this in your room or on that mantle in the living room. Can't you see it?
11. A prismatic window film that'll bring a whimsical addition to your room while doubling as wall decor. Depending on where your windows are, adding this film will cause the sunlight to shine a rainbow-esque image on your wall. Two birds, one window.
12. A wireless library light so you can highlight your favorite family portrait or position it over your impressive collection of books that you've purchased but never read.
13. A cotton knit duvet cover to tie your entire bedroom together with your favorite accent color. Don't be fooled, this super comfy duvet cover is still machine washable.
14. A pair of abstract lamps for a two-birds-one-stone decor. You'll light up the room while tapping into one of the most popular decor trends today.
15. A firework chandelier — a bold and unique lighting fixture that can serve as a focal point in your dining room. If you're looking to redecorate, this is a good piece to start with and then build the rest of the room around it.
16. A rocket ship cat condo so ~out of this world~ that your kitties will be over the moon with joy when they see it.
19. A disco ball because adding a metallic element to your home can elevate a room with a lot of muted tones.
20. An iridescent vase to enhance the colors in your spot. If you really want to see it pop, put it in a bright and evenly lit room. As it glistens it'll easily become your fave piece in the house.
21. A metallic-gold leopard-print wallpaper with an easy peel-and-stick application that'll gussy up those boring walls.
22. A ceramic vase with abstract faces etched into it for an original vase that'll have everyone eyeing your interior design skills, including these faces.
23. An entry way organizer to clear up the "throw pile" where all your day-to-day belongings live and give you an extra place to add some new decor.
24. A fun kitchen timer both stylish and practical that draws so much attention you might get caught staring at the clock instead of watching your food.
25. A set of velvet curtains so you can not only add instant fancy to your room, but also so you can get some help regulating your home's temperatures thanks to the curtains' thermal insulation. Quick tip: hanging them high and wide make your windows look larger.
26. A set of peel-and-stick tiles for a super easy DIY that'll give your kitchen a remixed backsplash in a matter of minutes.
27. A set of under cabinet lights to accentuate your newly added backsplash or bring new light to your original backsplash. You can also use them under wall shelves to illuminate your books, plants, and other treasures.
28. A pack of furniture pens so your furniture looks good as new for as long as possible. These repair pens clean up minor scratches and scrapes like nothing ever happened.
29. A set of abstract wall art to place throughout your home and keep your ambience flowing from room to room.
30. A wood polish that'll breathe new life into your old furniture and restore it to its original shine. Now, when people ask if you got new furniture, you can respond with, "You mean this old thing?" And actually mean it!
32. A colorful desk mat if you're looking for something that'll make sitting at your desk more enjoyable. Adding a little print will liven up that workspace in no time.
33. A velvet headboard so you can feel as luxurious as Blanche Devereaux when she arrives home after a lovely evening with one of her special friends.
34. An over-the-toilet organizer that'll hold all of your bathroom essentials and leave room for candles, plants, and extra rolls of toilet paper.
35. Marble adhesive to elevate your WFH desk, bathroom counters, dressers, and more. The cover is removable, which makes this a renter's best friend when it comes to making your space your own even if it isn't yours.
36. A faux fur throw blanket because it's like 1,000 teddy bears giving you the most lovable hug all at once. And believe it or not, this ultra plush blanket is machine washable, too.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.