We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pair of shaping high-waisted shorts reviewers say are buttery soft. You'll never want to take them off, even after your morning yoga routine.
2. A pair of reverse tie-dye bike shorts in case you aren't a big fan of the typical tie-dye look but still want to try a fun pattern.
Dye It Culture is a North Carolina-based Etsy shop established in 2020 that specializes in one-of-a-kind, reverse-dyed pieces.
Promising review: "Awesome shorts , so soft and comfortable! Love the design and the compliments .😎 I wasn’t sure of size the seller immediately answered ,so helpful. Just ordered a hoodie!" —Kathleen Phee
3. A pair of workout- and yoga-friendly bike shorts that come in various fun patterns that'll guarantee a step up in your athleisure wear.
Promising review: "I LOVE THEM. They are extremely comfortable and soft. They are very stretchy; you don’t feel totally compressed and uncomfortable. No chafing because of the length. I sweat a lot when I work out so it leaves me with the embarrassing “crotch” sweat. These shorts DO NOT SHOW ANY SWEAT. It’s like it completely wicks away any moisture. Saves me from being embarrassed while working out and also saves a trip to go home and change while already out on the road. I LOVE THESE. I will be buying more and have recommended it to my friends." —Amazon_user8
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–2XL and 19 designs, including two-packs).
4. A tag-free jersey bike short made with thin and breathable fabric that isn't opaque so you don't have to worry about passerbys getting a little too much of a peek.
Promising review: "I was looking for something that would help with chafing but also be cute enough to wear in public. I was very worried they’d be too loose but they fit me PERFECTLY! I have thicker thighs so if you have thinner thighs maybe size down so they’re not loose, but I was very impressed. Comfortable, stayed put all day, very cute, I love these and will be ordering more" —Kristin
Get it from Amazon for $7.90+ (available in sizes 1X–5X and two colors).
5. A pair of neon colorblock bike shorts that'll give you even more mix and match color options to pair with your other activewear.
Curtis Brands is an LA-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2014 that specializes in fashion forward, comfortable apparel.
Promising review: "The shorts are so amazing and they make me feel like workout Barbie. The stitching is fantastic and the seller totally helped me out. She answered all my questions and even sent a pic of her in her pair of the shorts. They are so cute and comfy. They wick sweat really well and I stayed cool in them in the heat of Phoenix!" —Hannah Sampson
6. A pair of Girlfriend Collective's classic high-rise biker shorts more than 5,000 reviewers love that are designed to compress without riding up. Bonus points — they're also eco-friendly, made from recyclable materials.
Promising review: "I have four pairs of the black bike shorts now, they’re pretty much my WFH uniform. Comfy enough to sit and work, but also have enough compression and high rise for me to feel comfortable when taking my dog out on a power walk. If you’re plus size and wondering if they’ll be tight around your legs/thighs, I didn’t find that, they’re pretty great." —Courtney C.
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $48 (available in sizes XXS–6XL and seven colors).
7. A pair of faux leather bike shorts you can rock from day activities straight into happy hour with your pals.
8. A pair of ridiculously soft and bold Free People seamless bike shorts so comfortable you might forget you're wearing anything at all!
Promising review: "From the comfortable stretching fabric to the integrated design, these are my go-to for exercise shorts or when I want a little more under a short dress. Even the label info is printed, so no bumps, seams or uncomfortable tags to worry about. So comfortable you could forget you have them on." —Larimar
Get it from Free People for $20 (available in sizes XS–XL and six colors).
9. A pair of comfy cotton bike shorts reviewers absolutely LOVE because of how lightweight and soft they are. And! They come in more than 40 colors and styles, so rack 'em up!
10. A reviewer-beloved pair of high-waisted biker shorts both breathable and compressive, that also have a side pocket perfect for holding your phone or a few snacks in case you get hungry during your evening walk.
Promising review: "Gone are the days of slathering Vaseline on my thighs before my long runs! These shorts don't slip down, they don't ride up, and they have pockets that actually fit my entire hand. I'm training for a summer race and these shorts seriously saved my life. Best running shorts by I've tried by far." —J. Madrian
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL, three lengths, and in 37 colors).
Psst: This item is included in Prime Wardrobe, so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
11. A pair of fun printed bike shorts featuring 72 (!!!) fun, quirky, and totally unexpected patterns. You can literally wear a new pair for months without repeating. Yes, it's perfectly normal to practically live in biker shorts, look it up.
Promising review: "I used these on a camping trip, and they held up great, they are very soft, and breathable, the best part was they were not see through when bending over. The length was great, helps avoid any thigh chafing." —Nataly Trevizo
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in sizes S–3X and 72 prints).
12. A suuuper soft three-pack of bike shorts because who buys only one pair at a time? You'll slip one on, and then you'll want to wear another pair the next day. This way, you'll have at least three days of biker shorts on deck with every load of laundry.
Promising review: "These are good quality for what you pay for. I wanted tight shorts for going on walks or for wearing with loose fitted shirts at the end of summer days. These fit the bill. They keep my thighs from chafing. They’re comfortable and stretchy." —Sarah
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $18.59+ (available in sizes S–XL and 14 color combos).
13. A pair of moisture-wicking bike shorts designed for all day comfort so you can — well — wear them all day! Jeans can be so constricting and leggings can be too hot. Biker shorts are the perfect compromise, especially when working out in warmer months.
Promising review: "This is a great pair of workout shorts. I love the feel of the material - soft, yet still wicking. For me, it's the perfect combination of high waist and longer inseam, and everything stays put - the waistband doesn't slip or sag, and the leg openings don't roll up. The inseam is long enough that my thighs don't chafe, but not so long that the length looks weird. I may ultimately get other colors as well." —Laura H.
Get it from Amazon for $15.43+ (available in XS–3XL and 13 styles).
Psst: This item is included in Prime Wardrobe, so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
14. A pair of metallic biker shorts perfect to wear for medium- and high-impact workouts minus the friction. Plus sometimes your gym ensemble could use a little extra pizzazz.
15. A pair of Superfit Hero's wickaway pocket bike shorts with their signature Superhold fabric that's soft and stretchy so you can be super comfy without worrying about your shorts moving around, slipping up, sliding down, etc...
Superfit Hero is a US-based, woman-founded small business established in 2015 that specializes in sustainable, premium activewear for sizes L–7XL.
Promising review: "I’ve had these for a while but have generally felt nervous about wearing skintight anything in public so I haven’t given them a real test. Today I said 'what the hell, you only live once' and wore them on a hike. They were SO GOOD! Super supportive, wicking, zero chafing, stayed put both on the waist and the leg, made my butt look great 😉, laid flat under the waist belt of my pack... these shorts are the real deal — just more confirmation that Superfit Hero is the place to go for serious athletic gear for larger bodies. I will definitely be hiking in them in the future!" —Mollie S.
Get it from Superfit Hero for $75 (available in sizes L–7XL and six styles).
16. A longer 12-inch design for people who prefer a little extra length than the traditional biker short. These bikers are more like spandex Bermuda shorts. Reviewers say they feel like Lululemon dupes!
17. A pair of screened biker shorts adorned with mesh panels on the side to allow for extra breathability.
Promising review: "I've been doing outdoor bootcamps and it's too hot for leggings so I've been turning to bike shorts. These don't ride up, they're long enough to combat inner thigh chafing, the high waistband doesn't roll down, and the mesh detail makes them super cute. I also like the 2 side pockets and key pocket in the waistband." —Shelley C.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–2XL and 12 colors).
18. A pair of ribbed biker shorts complete with an adorable lettuce hem for a unique pair of shorts that'll have you standing out amongst the crowd.
Promising review: "These shorts feel amazing on. It feels like you have nothing on, and they stay up on your waist. They don’t fall down. The shorts don’t roll up. I have them in black also! Would buy every color." —Linds
Get them from Aerie for $10.48 (originally $34.95; available in sizes XXS–XXL and in five colors).
19. A pair of Under Armour bike shorts in case you're looking for a straight up workout option. Granted, they're still comfy enough to ~workout~ your fingers while scrolling through the Hulu menu to find something to watch.
Promising review: "Bought for strength training. My thighs are pretty big, and shorter shorts always end up riding up. Not these! Wore them to deadlift and cardio. They pass the squat test too. Not sheer under stretch but not too heavy fabric. None to minimal riding up and very comfortable. I like the wider waistband. It doesn't roll down or bunch up. Would buy again at this point." –OpalJingle
Get them from Amazon for $26.86+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and seven colors).
20. A pair of scrunch butt shorts — some reviewers simply described them as, "yasssssss." Need we say more?
Promising review: "Buy them right now!! I got a medium and when I say it fits so comfortably and like a glove I mean it!! I always have to order a large because things run small but these shorts are heavenly!!!" —Chelsea
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 50 colors and patterns).