1. Justin and Britney shared a kiss listening to Janet
The poster of Janet on Justin's wall
3. 'N Sync Describes Hooking Up With Janet Jackson
NSYNC and Janet Duet at The Velvet Rope tour
4. Teen Beat - "Justin's Famous Firsts" (1998)
7. NSYNC on the Howie Mandel show
8. Memphis's Timberlake In Sync with new 'crazy status'
10. NSYNC dances to the breakdown of 'If'
11. MTV Top 40 Video Countdown
12. No Strings Attached - Thank You liner notes
13. 'N Sync backstage at the No Strings Attached tour (2000)
16. Unknown German magazine
17. NSYNC's mtvICON Janet Jackson tribute
18. Justified - Thank You liner notes
19. 'And She Said (Take Me Now)' off Justified
20. FHM UK (December 2002)
A single Justin addresses rumors that he was dating Jackson. Not only does he coyly refuses to answer, but we see a little ironic foreshadowing in the last question.
Q: So you didn't suck face with Janet Jackson in a LA nightclub for two hours?
JUSTIN: I didn't say that. I didn't say that I didn't. I didn't say that I did. She's a beautiful lady. She's the sexiest female I think I've ever seen.
Q: You haven't seen any of her piercings, then?
JUSTIN: [sits politely in silence, smiling.]
(For the record, neither Timberlake or Jackson, who was dating Jermaine Dupri, actually attended the Missy Elliott party they were rumored to be kissing at).
Entertainment Weekly (September 2002)
Recent reports have linked the ex-Mouseketeer with Janet Jackson, 36, with whom he recorded a song "Take Me Now," for Justified. Aside from adding an interesting dimension to his apparent Jackson family obsession, the Janet/Justin rumors are particularly tabloid-friendly given the age difference between them.
But if Timberlake has converted to the older-women-make-better-lovers school of thinking, he won't cop to it. "I love Janet to death," he says. "I know her very well. She's a sweetheart. 'N Sync opened for her when she did the Velvet Rope Tour. I've been linked [romantically] to so many different people, and it's retarded. I know Janet, she knows me. We're friends, and there's nothing in the world that would change our friendship."