13. High School Football Star Runs Out Of Bounds So Freshman Whose Dad Just Died Could Score
It was stories like this that made “Friday Night Lights a beloved television show. Only the story of Michael Ferns and Logan Thompson is better, because it actually happened.
14. An Autistic High School Football Kicker Leads His Team To A Dramatic Upset
Anthony Starego turned a disability into an assetand got to live his dream. How’s that for impressive?
20. 66 TV Shows That Had Better Ratings Than The Stanley Cup Finals
Remember hockey? It was a sport played on ice with sticks and a puck. No? Well its championship series didn’t do too great on TV.
23. We Need To Stop Wasting Usain Bolt
Jack Moore argued that sprinting should become a bigger thing. Why? Because Usain Bolt is the greatest athlete alive and we’re wasting his prime.
24. A Two-Man Oral History Of The “Princess Bride” Episode of “ESPN NFL Kickoff”
ESPN’s Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth sat down with BuzzFeed Sports to talk about their love of The Princess Bride and how they let it take over an episode of their NFL news show.
25. How To Lose A Lot Of Money Winning At Online Poker
Michael Kaplan explained how poker fortunes are being sold online for pennies on the dollar in hopes that one day they might get paid out. Gambling begets gambling.
27. The 15 Worst Types Of Sports Fans
We’re all these people. We all hate these people. Hating these people and being these people are what makes sports fun.
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠 🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️