2018 was a landmark year for BuzzFeed Commerce as we significantly expanded both our licensing and affiliate business.
On the affiliate side, we incorporated 3+ years of audience insights to strategically create content that effectively generates sales – frequently directing BuzzFeed visitors to retail powerhouses such as Amazon, Etsy, Nordstrom, Sephora, Uncommon Goods, Walmart, and Wayfair.
For the below affiliate partners, BuzzFeed content drove the most sales for these items in the back half of 2018:
- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch (Amazon)
- Custom City Ring (Etsy)
- BP. Side Slit Tee (Nordstrom)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Sephora)
- Urban Map Glass (Uncommon Goods)
- Willa Arlo Nia Pin Tufted Convertible Sofa (Wayfair)
- Instant Pot LUX60 (Walmart)
And building upon the success of the Tasty cookware line at Walmart, we grew our licensing business by creating the Goodful collection, a premium homewares line at Macy’s which includes licensing partnerships with premier manufacturers such as Epoca, Cuisinart, Welspun, and AeroGarden.
Here are our lifestyle brands’ best-selling items in H2 of 2018:
Goodful, exclusively at Macy’s:
- Aerogarden Harvest Slim Countertop Garden & Gourmet Herb Seeds Kit
- Press & Go Iced Tea Tumbler
- Grater Prep Bowl
- 10 pc Ceramic Cookware Set
- Stainless Steel Whistling Kettle